My new 5 Gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Painterroy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here is my new 5 gallon hex tank, currently being cycled. All 3 objects in it were found at the thrift store for a total cost of $6
aquarium 7-27-12 small2.jpg
click on image to see a larger version

That looks perfect for a half moon Betta :) they would love exploring that, I think that's what I would use it for if it was mine. Very nice tank, well done :)

It will be just a Betta tank. Everyone is telling me that it is too small too add the platy and molly I was planning also, so it will be just 1 betta and a snail.

I saw on another thread that you said you were going to do one betta, one Julii cory, and one Molly.
Is that still your plan or have you reconsidered?
Because the really honest truth is that a Molly has a large bioload and needs 20 gallons, and the cory needs a group of 3 at the very very least, 5 being ideal, and shouldn't be kept in anything smaller than 15 gallons imo.

I think a good idea would be 1 betta and 5 shrimp. Shrimp are actually so fun to watch.

I probably will go with just a Betta.

But it is funny how I get lots of comment from people who are telling me 3 fish in this tank would be cruel and yet some of these people have given advice to people on doing a cycle with fish recommending getting a few hardy fish to cycle your tank & some may not survive. So they are willing to sacrifice some fish to cycle a tank, yet they're calling me cruel. I find that very funny.

That's not true at all. If you do a fish-in cycle correctly, no fish will die, or even be in harms way. But we say that, because we are putting it in the persons hands. We can't control the process, we can only tell you how to do it correctly. That doesn't mean it will absolutely be done so.

Yes well, like patertot said, fish in cycles , if done correctly won't harm the fish. Whereas having a Molly, betta and a julli cory will. Because it will stunt them and not give them enough swimming room, shortening their lives drastically

Back
Top Bottom