My new betta fish i need some quick help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you make sure that he is not being aggressive to the other fish? Usually about half of all the bettas are aggressive and need to be kept alone. Usually it takes a few days for them to fully get used to the tank. When I put my betta in my 10g tank, it took him a week. And he was the only fish in there! I hope this helps... :)

Well right now he sort of is but I've had bettas in community tanks before and they were all fine hopefully hell stop I mean I imagine it's a shock to see anything else since their in a cup

Well right now he sort of is but I've had bettas in community tanks before and they were all fine hopefully hell stop I mean I imagine it's a shock to see anything else since their in a cup

Yeah. A thing you could try is putting him in a cup or a seperation net in or near the tank, and see if he flares up when he sees other fish. That is the safest thing to do because you don't know if he will be aggressive or not. If he is, he might kill other fish overnight. This is the only safe way to be sure, other than watching him for hours and hours.

well he stopped bugging the other fish and the current doesn't seem to be bothering him nut another problem came up i had a black background in my tank cause it's planted and it makes it look nice but if the fish or anything is close enough a replection appears so of course he started attacking the "other betta" so i took it out and now he seems fine he's just exploring around not aggressive
but now i need to find something black that does not create a reflection which i think is impossible because glass of course causes a reflection

Back
Top Bottom