My new Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ezimmer1990

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got a new betta for my sister Wednesday and it's a purplish veil tail betta. It's pretty. It's a female:)

Attachments

• image-3500500460.jpg
    image-3500500460.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 94
  • image-168729379.jpg
    image-168729379.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image-3308801788.jpg
    image-3308801788.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 66
Very nice, Betta was my first fish ever when i was in Brazil

If they are live, remove them. They are ribbon plants and are not aquatic.

Oh, and super cute female! I love the girls maybe a tad more than the boys.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
If they are live, remove them. They are ribbon plants and are not aquatic.

Oh, and super cute female! I love the girls maybe a tad more than the boys.

How ate the not aquatic? I bought them and it said they are SEMI-AQUATIC!

How ate the not aquatic? I bought them and it said they are SEMI-AQUATIC!

semi aquatic plants will not survive long fully submerged sadly, eventually they will die, rot and foul the water to toxic levels.

if you want a similar shaped plant then i would suggest a nice amazon sword, they look great and are readily available

Scouser said:
semi aquatic plants will not survive long fully submerged sadly, eventually they will die, rot and foul the water to toxic levels.

if you want a similar shaped plant then i would suggest a nice amazon sword, they look great and are readily available

I have semi-aquatic plants in my ten gallon and they have lived for half a year now.

I have semi-aquatic plants in my ten gallon and they have lived for half a year now.

i dont know how long these semi aquatic plants last but "semi aquatic" kind of states it clearly lol, its only partly aquatic so being fully submerged will eventually have negative effects on it.

but dont shoot the messenger...

Scouser said:

Too true. I went through the same thing -- buying plants marked as aquatic only to have them die. I ended up standing in the aisle with my iPhone looking at aquatic plant sites and going cross eyed comparing the latin names... Luckily there is a great LFS that specializes in plants...

VioletEmber said:
Too true. I went through the same thing -- buying plants marked as aquatic only to have them die. I ended up standing in the aisle with my iPhone looking at aquatic plant sites and going cross eyed comparing the latin names... Luckily there is a great LFS that specializes in plants...

Ya, I learned my lesson on that, buying a poisonous plant for a tank with fish that could eat it was a bad idea. I take my phone wherever I go to my lfs. Spending hours looking up all the plants :)

Back
Top Bottom