My new (lightly)planted 30g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

axpspicoli

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new to this hobby and would like opinions on my tank setup.
This is a 30gallon Freshwater with 5 live plants and 10 Fish. I have some fake plants but want to replace with live ones when i upgrade my lighting system.
All the rocks are slate and river rock which I found and sterilized. I used the slate to make a cave on the left side of my tank.

Live plants
2 Cryptocoryne wendtii (1 currently trying to propagate)
2 annubias (1 currently propagating)
1 amazon sword
(also have little 2inch clipping of Anacharis plant I got free from the store which I'm trying to grow, but I am not counting this as one of my live plants)

Fish
5 Zebra Danios
3 Roseline Sharks
2 Glofish

Attachments

• photo-32.jpg
    photo-32.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 84
  • photo-36.jpg
    photo-36.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 85
  • photo-37.jpg
    photo-37.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator:
I like your fish and plants. The first 2 pics for me is upside down :/. I would make the glo-fish a school since they are part zebra danio. Great plant selection :)

Last edited by a moderator:
looking clean man, what are you upgrading your light fixture to? I too am in favour of the lightly planted tanks, gives you more viewing space to see the fish and looks abit more natural

I fixed your pictures in your original post (this thread). I merged all your answers from your (fixed pics) thread into here. Please keep everything in here. Creating duplicate threads about the same subject gets confusing and people will answer in both places, making things even more confusing.

I like the tank. Agree it looks clean! Might try a backdrop.
I agree about the backdrop, but the problem is that the tank is on my big desk and basically sits in the middle of the room. A backdrop would mean not being able to see it from the other side. (also I use that side to do my cleaning so i don't have to climb on the desk. Having my line of sight blocked for cleaning wouldn't be good)

Back
Top Bottom