My new stocking list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone! I've had to rethink my stocking list since I lost my gourami so this is what I've come up with. Really I just need some suggestions and to know if I have enough room in my 28g for these fish.

8 neon tetras (already stocked)
8 rummy nose tetras (or similar sized schooling fish)
3 nerite snails (already stocked)
2 dwarf cichlids (either GBR's or cockatoo apistos)

It seems like plenty of room for those fish, I don't see why not. If you don't want rummies and looking for similar sized schooling fish, you can try cardinals, glowlights, black neons or something similar. As for the dwarf cichlids, make sure you have hiding places for them. A terra cotta pot is good, but mine just hide behind all my plants.

It seems like plenty of room for those fish, I don't see why not. If you don't want rummies and looking for similar sized schooling fish, you can try cardinals, glowlights, black neons or something similar.

I agree on adding some Cardinal tetras and or black neons ... they really are both cool looking.

I'm thinking for my eventual 55 gal of doing cardinals since I like the red / blue through the whole body, black neons, Rummynose and at least another tetra ... bleeding heart? ... capped of with some Zebra / Leopard Danios.

Aqua315 said:
I thought I couldn't have cories with cichlids, particularly with cockatoo apistos

You can... Last time I checked lol. Look up allaboutfish's setup. He's not here anymore, but he had some with cories. :)

I thought I couldn't have cories with cichlids, particularly with cockatoo apistos

Usually it is dwarf cichlids because they share the same bottom territory with cories. Personally my cories are never attacked by my rams until feeding time when the rams chase the cories away so they can eat. Still, if you look at allaboutfish's thread on his cockatoo apistos you will find some good info on the behavior of dwarf cichlids.

Usually it is dwarf cichlids because they share the same bottom territory with cories. Personally my cories are never attacked by my rams until feeding time when the rams chase the cories away so they can eat. Still, if you look at allaboutfish's thread on his cockatoo apistos you will find some good info on the behavior of dwarf cichlids.

I would be getting dwarf cichlids. That's why I thought I couldn't have cories.

I have had real troubles keeping rams and corys. Many a cory has turned up dead, I do not do it any longer.

You can... Last time I checked lol. Look up allaboutfish's setup. He's not here anymore, but he had some with cories. :)

Guys, he had the fish for about 6 weeks. If you want good info on the behavior of dwarf cichlids, just ask. There are plenty of folks on the site like Rich311k here that have years of experience with them. ;)

Back
Top Bottom