My New Tank(updated with pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
I agree with Zags, its a lot better with the plants!!!! i have king cobra guppies and they are great, wont be long until they breed, and that haze in the tank will slowly go :D looking good waterpond! if you have just added them and its your first tank keep an eye on the ammonia level! better safe than sorry.

This is just my first heated tank, i have only kept coldwater before, the haze is gone now. The params are good, fish, great! I was thinking of getting a few shrimp (if i can find any at my lfs). I am just waiting for my female to get prego now. I love these fish so much, there was only one king cobra male guppy left, and in my eyes, he is the nicest out of all the guppies i have ever seen, his tail is huge! and he shines when the light hits him. The female is great too, whenever she swims, her tail changes colours from blue, to red, to yellow, it is the neatest thing. I love the lava rock that i put in there too, it used to be in my 20gal, but it looks much better around the plants. I put some low light plants in, and i know nothing about them. I put some iron enriched aquarium plant fertilizer in too. I know NOTHING about the plants, not even what kind. I will plobably post some pictures in the planted tank section to get an ID. I am still trying to get some good picts of the fish, that is proving to be a challenge. I think it looks much better planted too. I hope i can keep the plants alive, i have a 15 day gaurentee on them if I can't. I am still looking for some java moss around here, but i can't find it in canada (is it illegal here or something?) anyway, my fingers are getting tired, i will post more pics soon. Sorry i didnt use more space in my post , probably hard to read for you. Cya

Awwww looks like someone is having a lot of fun!!!!, its great your so keen, as for the java moss, it would be great for your tank, a) it looks good imo and brings more life to the tank much like your plants and b) the little baby guppies will love you for it, it gives them a space for the hide, and not get eaten, it really help keep them in safe place as they are small enough to hide in the java moss were other fish cant get to or see, anyway i look forward to the pics, keep it up, im sure you will get mts in no time, lol

Looks great!!

Big Improvment imo....plants take fw to another level imo...it makes it more fun too.

Back
Top Bottom