My nightmare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

james00

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought everything needed for the tank so far. The problem is, I put like "I think maybe 200 gallons worth of aquasafe" into my 46gal about a 2 or so weeks ago. I did do a 20% water change with prime, after that. I am not allowed to purchase anymore saltwater items, unfortunately... I had to return my 2 buckets of salt too. Now its not really a big deal with that aquasafe in there but because it makes the aquac remora go crazy... Its been at least 2 weeks now and I have no idea what I can do. I had the skimmer running for a while but turned it off because it was producing A LOT of bubbles. umm I guess I should wait longer? I guess I can do another water change but I dont see the benefits from that. Help?

not really shure what aquasafe is or what u meeen with prime and if u have a 46g you dont really need 2 buckets of salt 1 will last 8 or 9 monthes
dont know the remora skimmers well but i have a prizm that shoots alot of bubbles into the water so i put a piece of filter floss in the output to cutdown on the amount

Nothing you can do but wait it out and do water changes until the AquaSafe clears out of the water. The skimmer will pull some of it out, so keep dumping the collection cup as needed. The water changes will help with rest. If you really put about 200g worth of AquaSafe in there, it is going to take a while. And if you put an excess in there, let this be a warning that you NEED to pay more attenion in a marine tank if you expect to have any sucess.

I would NOT put a piece of filter floss in the filter given your current situation, you could cause an overflow.

Unfortunately when you learn a lesson in saltwater tank, it usually costs you a lot of money, or takes a long time to clear up.

You really gotta take a step back and decide what you want to do in this hobby. Just recently you have had to move your entire tank because your parents told you to, you dumped way too much Aquasafe in the tank, and now you have to return items for you tank and you are not allowed to buy more? Not good trends, but we can help you out :)

Your right lol I spent like 3 grand already lol but I think I will just leave my tank as is, I only have 2 clowns and a damsel, so I think my load is small enough that I can leave it alone. Unless you have different thoughts

Back
Top Bottom