My pleco has been living in my filter for a week!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OwlByNature

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I lost track of my brand new pleco the day after I bought it. I was so worried! I'd cleaned out my tank and reorganized and washed decor, and couldn't find him! Well, I just changed my filter, and he was inside of it! I thought he was dead, so I grabbed a plastic bag to dump him in so I could take him back to petco and have them make good on their 14 day policy. When I got him in the bag, he started moving!! I netted him and put him back in the tank, replaced the filter, and watched him swim to the bottom of the tank.
He had been in there for about a week! And his tail is next to gone. He isn't moving much, but he's definitely alive. What can I do for him? He's probably traumatized! How'd be get in the filter in the first place? Has this happened to anyone?

He must have jumped. Assuming its a HOB. Clean water and his tail should heal up.

I would just double your water change schedule for a couple weeks and keep an eye on him.

Back
Top Bottom