My power is out.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We would need to know what type of tank salt water or fresh. What fish you have and how much what is the size of the tank and where you live depending on the temperature

x2 more deets

IMO there is no real need for details here. It's the cichlid section so one can only assume that this is a freshwater tank and considering the fact that almost everyone who post here has Africans, this is more than likely an African cichlid tank. That being said, keep the temp down as much as possible and agitate the surface.

Dang Sherlock very observing good eye. You an buy o battery operated pump and air stone to help out a little.

IMO there is no real need for details here. It's the cichlid section so one can only assume that this is a freshwater tank and considering the fact that almost everyone who post here has Africans, this is more than likely an African cichlid tank. That being said, keep the temp down as much as possible and agitate the surface.

really..?

i was asking for more deets i.e.
whats the tank size,
what the fish count,
what are the size of the fish,
how long has the power been out,
what temp the tank was at when it went out,
what is the temp at now,
etc..

i think we can all safely assume theyre indeed africans and its also a freshwater tank,
those would be the "duh" questions to ask, thats not what i asked him..

just an FYI before you make assumptions on my thought process..

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Ha ditto that. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Dang Sherlock very observing good eye. You an buy o battery operated pump and air stone to help out a little.

i have 2 D-cell operated emergency bubblers i got of fleabay for $8.00ea they come in handy for transportation and tank work that requires the fish to be removed, watch the temp and keep your lights off and agitate like theres no tomorrow (too soon?) lol jk but seriously dont freak, i think petco has battery operated bubblers im not sure.

really..?

i was asking for more deets i.e.
whats the tank size,
what the fish count,
what are the size of the fish,
how long has the power been out,
what temp the tank was at when it went out,
what is the temp at now,
etc..

i think we can all safely assume theyre indeed africans and its also a freshwater tank,
those would be the "duh" questions to ask, thats not what i asked him..

just an FYI before you make assumptions on my thought process..

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I wasn't trying to be rude.....op was in need of quick to the point responses. Any tank, any size, any amount of fish would need the same thing during a power outage. I cannot speak for saltwater as I know nothing about them but the basic agitation and temp control would crucial during the outage.
Sorry if I offended you, it was not my intention.

I wasn't trying to be rude.....op was in need of quick to the point responses. Any tank, any size, any amount of fish would need the same thing during a power outage. I cannot speak for saltwater as I know nothing about them but the basic agitation and temp control would crucial during the outage.
Sorry if I offended you, it was not my intention.

no offense taken i wanted to know how urgent to think, and what to suggest, just trying to be helpful (y)

One time my power was out for a week due to an ice storm. I had a 10 gallon at the time and all of my fish died. Since then I have upgraded to a 30 gallon and I have a generator.

One time my power was out for a week due to an ice storm. I had a 10 gallon at the time and all of my fish died. Since then I have upgraded to a 30 gallon and I have a generator.

Where are you located, we had an ice storm here in western Kentucky a few tears back and I lost all my fish. Tank water temp got down to 37 f. Not good

During hurricane Isaac last summer, my power was out for 11 days and my fish room was flooded with almost a foot of water. I had a generator running for the house itself and one for just my tanks. No lost fish at all.

During hurricane Isaac last summer, my power was out for 11 days and my fish room was flooded with almost a foot of water. I had a generator running for the house itself and one for just my tanks. No lost fish at all.

I didn't flood, but my power was out for 8 days. Only losses were a few marbled crays and the one fish that got eaten when I moved the surviving cray into a bigger tank so it would live.

I agree with the rest of the advice. Keep water agitated and cool enough and you should be fine. I would also recommend a small pwc daily with cool water to keep temp down and help handle the lack of filtration. And keep your media wet!

I didn't flood, but my power was out for 8 days. Only losses were a few marbled crays and the one fish that got eaten when I moved the surviving cray into a bigger tank so it would live.

I agree with the rest of the advice. Keep water agitated and cool enough and you should be fine. I would also recommend a small pwc daily with cool water to keep temp down and help handle the lack of filtration. And keep your media wet!

+1.....

Bad timing man, especially during treatment for a digestive issue, the lower temps reduces the fishes metabolism which also effects their immune system.:(

It's back on, all is well. It was only out for an hour. Temp didnt even drop, it's warm here. Can't find the bi color, or the cray fish though.... Got me worried. Gonna break down the tank pretty soon to look for him.

Back
Top Bottom