My soon to be puff tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You'll need to watch your water parameters as well. Pea Puffers are messy due to their diet. You may need an extra WC or you may need to up the filtration.

Nice tank tho. A Java Fern would be great. Just move it when it gets too big. I like Narrow Leaf JF. I have about 4 or 5 species of JF ?

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You'll need to watch your water parameters as well. Pea Puffers are messy due to their diet. You may need an extra WC or you may need to up the filtration.

Nice tank tho. A Java Fern would be great. Just move it when it gets too big. I like Narrow Leaf JF. I have about 4 or 5 species of JF ?

LOL actually put a Java fern in there already yesterday afternoon.
Got a nice deal on a smaller bushy one that had like 4 growths already I broke off.

Id like to create more line of sight breaks in this thing but still havent figured out how to do it.

There was a REALLY nice piece of wood I wanted for the tank but she shot me down cause it was pretty big and would have taken up about 75% of the room. It would have created some nice little crevices though.

LOL actually put a Java fern in there already yesterday afternoon.

Got a nice deal on a smaller bushy one that had like 4 growths already I broke off.

Id like to create more line of sight breaks in this thing but still havent figured out how to do it.

There was a REALLY nice piece of wood I wanted for the tank but she shot me down cause it was pretty big and would have taken up about 75% of the room. It would have created some nice little crevices though.

Haha..a small bushy one.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Haha..a small bushy one.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

lol

Its in the bottom center of the wood. Yeah that sounded bad to. Little bush at the base of the wood...... ;)

anyone else have any line of sight breaking decor? I could put another piece of DW in there but I think shed be against that. More plants are a plus but Id really like some stuff that would be taller. Remember they'd have to be low light.

Would a wisteria piece from my main tank survive?

I may make a fake rock background with a cave.
The tank is small enough to use a couple great stuff cans I think.

Attachments

• IMG_20150104_172344.jpg
    IMG_20150104_172344.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 54
You have the top 2 already;) in your other tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well they both grew well in my low light 10g. I think small tanks can get away with some med light plants due to how shallow the water is.

Not bad at all, I have a 2.5 Minibow with a el puffer (Richard) and a crayfish. They love it. I love your tank, but I agree with getting a top. I have some duckweed floating around the top and both inhabitants love it. Grows super quick, easy to care for and looks cool. I have tons of Java Moss in my tank, and he loves weaving in and out of the different tunes that the crayfish makes. If you got a lid, or possibly cut the stick a little shorter, you could easily house a dwarf crayfish like mine and a puffer together. There have been literally no signs of aggression between them. Just what I would do. Also, until the tank is cycled, keep your new filter running on a mature tank so that way the BB seeds in to the cartridge. Hope I helped!

Nils

You have the top 2 already;) in your other tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol. Why I thought they were higher light plants wink wink

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not bad at all, I have a 2.5 Minibow with a el puffer (Richard) and a crayfish. They love it. I love your tank, but I agree with getting a top. I have some duckweed floating around the top and both inhabitants love it. Grows super quick, easy to care for and looks cool. I have tons of Java Moss in my tank, and he loves weaving in and out of the different tunes that the crayfish makes. If you got a lid, or possibly cut the stick a little shorter, you could easily house a dwarf crayfish like mine and a puffer together. There have been literally no signs of aggression between them. Just what I would do. Also, until the tank is cycled, keep your new filter running on a mature tank so that way the BB seeds in to the cartridge. Hope I helped!

Nils

It comes with a glass top

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like your tank already, it's very pretty. The reason for a lid is because on that big stick, the crayfish may end up crawling out of the tank. I've found my crayfish sitting on the filter cartridge that is outside the tank, and I have no idea how he got there. They are plain, little escape artists.

Nils

Back
Top Bottom