My tank is so boring now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, this past week I went on a trip to Sin City, and at the suggestion of a fellow member checked out a fish store in the area. They had a large variety of fish to choose from, and a beautiful coral tank, which is the first time i got to see corals up close (besides aquariums). There were sooo many stuff i wanted to get, i stayed in there for over an hour. They even had a tank with some kind of shark egg sack in there, which should hatch in about 6 months or something.

So now i officially find my tank boring. It's like i don't even want to do anything else to it anymore. It's hard to explain, i still love the hobby, but seeing what it could be, and knowing that i can't get there just makes it hard to continue. Especially the corals, i really want corals, even if it's just one mushroom or something, just something about the way they move in the water and what not. If anybody wants to help me out and send me a frag or something, i'll throw a little extra for you! PM me. I'm just kidding...but i'm not.

Shipping to HI would be $$$ and slow. Mushrooms are not expensive. Have you checked out any LFS or looked into a local reef club? I am sure they would be willing to help. Just go scuba :wink: That is all I did for 2 months over there. Good stuff (y)

Well, next day air might be expensive, but i think it would be worth it. LFS can't sell here, i think the gov. can't regulate how they are getting their corals thats why. They wouldn't be able to monitor if they are being harvested from the ocean. The online sites i checked won't ship here. On local boards, reefing is pretty much non-existent. My only hope is finding somebody on these online forums willing to send me something. I'm open to any suggestion other people might have though.

Off topic...wow, you were here for 2 months? Was that a vacation, cause that must have been one nice vacation. Where did you visit?

If someone in CA would send you something it would be ideal. They could air freight it and you would have it in a couple hours. The problem is customs will be all over you. As I am sure you know they are VERY picky about things coming there from other countries.

Where did you visit?
Yes it was vacation. 3 weeks on O'ahu, 4 weeks on Maui, and a week or so on Hawaii

hmm, well i found a site that lists shipping to hawaii, so i might try give it a shot. If they reject me, i'm back to where i am now anyways. I think a regular boxed package through fedex or something can make it through, and of course anything labeled "Live Animal" or somethin will get confiscated. Not that i'm condoning breaking the law of course haha. That's why i said if anybody wants to try help, PM me. If nothing, then nothing, back to square 1. There are ways to bring in corals and such, which is how our aquariums and many restaurants and offices obtain their items. Unfortunately, it's setup rather difficult for a lone individual to bring it in for a personal tank. Hawaii is not as great as it seems. :(

Back
Top Bottom