Mystery coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noturaveragereefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got a mystery coral in my shipment today! Can't wait to get it acclimated and see what it is!

The guy at the lfs thinks it's a spaghetti leather which it does look like this but brown

image-1662467489.jpg

Definitley a black christmas tree coral, just looks a little sad at the moment. I have one of these.

Definitley a black christmas tree coral, just looks a little sad at the moment. I have one of these.

It seems really happy at night...weird? I have to cont to try and research...but when I look at it at night it's about 5 inches fully extended. It seems to decrease in length during the day

Yep thats the same as mine, happiest and prettiest at night when the lights have gone off. They do need feeding because the dont have symbiotic algae, mine has been doing really well for the last 8 months on a mix of liquid coral foods. I tried slightly meatier foods but it wasnt having it. Nice mystery coral!!!

Yep thats the same as mine, happiest and prettiest at night when the lights have gone off. They do need feeding because the dont have symbiotic algae, mine has been doing really well for the last 8 months on a mix of liquid coral foods. I tried slightly meatier foods but it wasnt having it. Nice mystery coral!!!

Can I ask what kind of liquid foods? I have phytoplankton, coravite and coral
Accel

Sure, i dont know where you are but im in the uk so dont know if the products will be different. I use salifert coral food, salifert all in one and tmc gamma nutraplus.

image-725228071.jpg

I just tried to attach a pic of mine but not sure if it worked or not!

Sure, i dont know where you are but im in the uk so dont know if the products will be different. I use salifert coral food, salifert all in one and tmc gamma nutraplus.

I just tried to attach a pic of mine but not sure if it worked or not!

Awesome! Yes it worked! And mines is just like that. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom