Name that plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool, I like it=) Might go see if I can get some here! Any kind of plant is my plant, just got to know how to control it, or figure out how;D

I still think it looks like what I have gotten from a local lake, finally found the Latin name for it.
Elodea canadensis (common name Elodia)..if you look up images for it it looks a lot like the smaller stuff in the photos..mine tend to be longer between sets of leaves due to higher lighting (gets leggy) but its still ugly as sin LOL, but my shrimp like to hang out on it and it grows fast.
img_2679616_0_64de124adcf47171c89796e6bc6cc2af.jpg

img_2679616_1_f694ae3f47488c88c64c2b720d8f289d.jpg

Here is a cropped photo of the plant. It hasn't been fertilized or anything so that may have affected its growth and caused it to be so thin. I added root tabs and started dry ferts yesterday. Maybe it will grow in and I can get a better photo. It is not an ugly plant. It is bunched up in the photo because of the filter outflow. When it spreads out it looks nice. Tall, straight and with a slight reddish tint. It does look like a curtain or a seaweed forest. It is getting better looking with time.

Attachments

• croppedplantphoto (2).jpg
    croppedplantphoto (2).jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom