nano vs bio cube vs eclipse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

removedastars

Aquarium Advice Regular
out of all the self contained aquariums out there, ie nano cube, bio cube, eclipse by marineland, which do ya'll consider the best. or have any of you owned one and used it for marine and liked it? trying desperately to figure out which one i want to get...thanks in advance :D

i have two of the 24 ga nano i love them. i think it is a good tank. if you are looking to buy one and want it for a reef tank i would suggest geting the new 28 ga nano with the MH lid it has a skimmer and a wavemaker built in. its very nice. i have a MH lid on my 24 ga and its great. i think its the best tank for the price and you can find a deal where you might get a free stand of sand or somthing.

The Eclipse(12) hood has an 18w light. It's ok for a FO tank. The light fixture in mine broke and they sent me a new hood. The light fixture in that broke too. That tank is now empty sitting in a corner.

Don't have any first hand info on any of them, but I can tell you from my previous research that the Eclipse (while a nice system) is better suited for freshwater. As cmor mentioned, it's OK for a FO tank where you need the built-in biowheel for biological filtration, but it definitely would need too many add ons for anything more complex.

I have a nano that has been working out well for me. You may want to consider another power head for it though if your going to keep corals. Also keep in mind that most of those cubes (i think) don't come with a heater so you will need to make sure you have one of those.

Back
Top Bottom