Need a bottom dweller or two.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NoMoreGoldFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's a small bottom dweller that I can get for my 30G tank? Because of the lack of space, my tank is custom made to be taller/deeper, so it probably only has the ground surface area of a 20G tank (27" x 16" x 18").

So yeah, my 30G is sorta only comparable to a 20G tank when it comes to space for stocking bottom dwellers. So I need small bottom dwellers that aren't going to cut themselves on my jagged rock substrates. Any ideas? I already selected my top and mid level fish that can live within a similar temp and ph range (2 dwarf gouramis, 6 cardinal tetras, 6 coral red pencilfish). After four days of research, this is the final step! I'm so excited.

I was thinking about getting one or two Panda or Nanus Cory Cats, but some websites say they need 30G each and they need to be in a school of at least three (my 30G looks like a regular 20G tank with an extra 10G of water on top).

Sorry to babble on, and thanks in advance. :love:

Would the Dwarf Gouramis eat or harass them? I know they like to swim up near the top, but I fear that they might scoop down and eat them for lunch. :confused:

Hmm... I would suggest panda cories, or false julii cories but they may not be able to handle the jagged rocks, are they all over the place or just in one spot? If not I'd get them, they'll do fine IMO with that bottom space. Or do as xfactor6699 said and get some larger shrimp like amano shrimp:)

Back
Top Bottom