Need a fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fisho092

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gallon tank. I have one red swordtail, one platty, one blue gourami and one yoyo loach. I have 4 live plants. I would like to add one or two more fish to the tank. I have been told that dwarf gourami or cory cats might be good. I have also been told both of these would be a bad idea. So I am not sure what i should get. I would like a little color. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

I'm not sure if I would add anymore fish. You're probably at the limit....but it's your tank put in whatever you want :) plattys are always good though...

Well, given the size of those fish in a ten gallon, that probably puts your stock pretty high (especially since the swordtail is a relative of the goldfish, which has a massive bioload for its size).

If you still want to get something, I recommend one you won't have to school. A hillstream loach would probably be good for you, since you don't really have an algae eater in your tank and they stay rather small--not too fancy on the color though.

Guppies are colorful, but they may nip at your swordtail or platty. The other fish I can think of need schools, but I've had my serpae tetra school right alongside my glass cats too, so maybe that would work for you. Serpaes are nice and bright red too.

Back
Top Bottom