Need a good Overflow box online.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidafius

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need 2 internal corner overflows. Can anyone suggest a good On-line store from which to order them? Wetdryfilters.com sells them for about $65. Is that a good price?

Also, for a 24" high tank, how tall should the overflow be? Thanks for your help guys. I'm trying to finalize my 120 gallon. I can get the 48"x24"x24" aquarium for $292, and have holes cut for $25/hole. I just need to do the overflows myself, because the place I'm dealing with charges close to $900 for the 120 gallon with overflows installed.

the place I'm dealing with charges close to $900 for the 120 gallon with overflows installed

I'd find a new place to deal with.

Wetdryfilters.com sells them for about $65

I think that is a pretty good price, but to be honest I've never priced them. This is also the only place I know of that sells them. As for how tall they should be....whomever you purchase from, should be able to give you those measurements, but I would guess it needs to be around 23".

I know your looking for internal overflows but if you want maybe a quicker/easier solution an external overflow from www.lifereef.com might do well.

I have their double overflow and like it alot.

Thanks for the tip. I read up on them, and I think I do like it. How does it look in your tank, Fishfreek? Also, how are your return lines plumbed? Internal/over the top? Do you have a pic of your setup? Thanks for your help.

A local plastics shop said they'd make me one out of 3/8" black acrylic on their CNC if I bring them a sketch to work from. A local LFS owner will make me one from 1/2" black acrylic in his home workshop for $40. wetdryfilters.com has instructions on where to measure for height.

Back
Top Bottom