need any info on nano's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TenaciousTriggerFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
5 gallon hexagon tank... right now set up and running and waiting for the pair of guppies i was thinking bout getting for it but now that i read the "sticky" about what a nano reef was i like the idea better...

Q. 1)it has a 15watt light bulb above it and a hob filter and no heater.. how am i looking equipment wise?

Q. 2) what can i put in it? this is not my first saltwater tank but it would be my first reef...

Q. 3) how much $$$ to set one of these bad boys up?

Q.4) i have no freeking clue how to do a reef so anything i should know!?!

You would definitely need the heater but some corals that are good would be maybe zoos or polyps or maybe a Torah coral to HIV you alot of movement but the lighting would have been the most costly. Your looking at about 85 to get it started maybe 50 plus on corals and as you go up and up with the protine skimmer you need that for sure

Elykreefs97 said:
You would definitely need the heater but some corals that are good would be maybe zoos or polyps or maybe a Torah coral to HIV you alot of movement but the lighting would have been the most costly. Your looking at about 85 to get it started maybe 50 plus on corals and as you go up and up with the protine skimmer you need that for sure

I think for now a guppy tank is fine then

I didn't mean to talk you out of it you could do what I did I bought my stuff very slowly and then when I got to adding the fish I could add what ever I wanted. I mean I'm 15 and I mow grass for money 20 dollars a week and kept myself up with my tank

This is my 10 gallon nano on low budget I have no corals just a anenome

Attachments

• image-4239425733.jpg
    image-4239425733.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 79
I have an
- aqueon 15-20 gal. 16.00
- liverock 8lbs 30.00
- reef sun 50/50 compact bulbs 9.50 a piece
- sand depends on what u want 5.00-20.00 I went with the cheaper stuff
- I also recommend biozyme bacteria to start with its a powdered bacteria put it in for a week and my tank was completely cycled 6.00
- salt depends

Then do you have the tank and the top

But since you already have most of it you just need the rock sand and a filter

Elykreefs97 said:
I have an
- aqueon 15-20 gal. 16.00
- liverock 8lbs 30.00
- reef sun 50/50 compact bulbs 9.50 a piece
- sand depends on what u want 5.00-20.00 I went with the cheaper stuff
- I also recommend biozyme bacteria to start with its a powdered bacteria put it in for a week and my tank was completely cycled 6.00
- salt depends

Then do you have the tank and the top

5-15gallon filter already.. how many watts per gallon do I need??? I do not cycle.. Never have and don't plan to and have salt... What is a protein skimmer??

Saltwater is very complicated you need to mix your salt let your tank cycle that is a must you have to and then if you want corals you need a protein skimmer. A skimmer keeps bacteria you don't want out it make big diferances slowly

Yea so you were looking to make your 5 gal into a nano tank saltwater

Elykreefs97 said:
Yea so you were looking to make your 5 gal into a nano tank saltwater

I thought so unless freshwater is cheaper... Like I said I have no freeking. Clue what I'm doing

Back
Top Bottom