Need fish suggestions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jpb1216

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a 100 gallon but I need some color in the tank. It is a peaceful community tank going about 7.2 ph at 76° the tank only has some danios and Cory's ATM

What size of fish are you interested in?

A lot of smaller ones to keep the tank looking busy?

Or some larger centerpiece fish?

Or both??

Well originally I have been just thinking lots of fish around 2". Besides plecos of course

Since the tank is really large maybe you should add a few schools of different cories (6 Julis, 6 Peppered, 6 Emerald green, etc) whatever species you like. :)

I like to stock all levels of the tank. Hatchets on top cities on bottom and danios middle. The Denison barb sounds interesting but not too sure about it with my other fish. Barbs get a bad name

I like to stock all levels of the tank. Hatchets on top cities on bottom and danios middle. The Denison barb sounds interesting but not too sure about it with my other fish. Barbs get a bad name

Ahh, right. I've done some reading about them, I don't think they are aggressive. They just like going back and forth all the time or swimming in a current. They are schooling fish too. Check out this link:

Torpedo Barb Tankmates... - Practical Fishkeeping Forum

I may just have to purchase a 4 foot tank just to have them. :)

Ahh, right. I've done some reading about them, I don't think they are aggressive. They just like going back and forth all the time or swimming in a current. They are schooling fish too. Check out this link:

Torpedo Barb Tankmates... - Practical Fishkeeping Forum

I may just have to purchase a 4 foot tank just to have them. :)

Thanks man I might get a small school. They can act as a showcase fish while at the same time fit into my peaceful community.

Anyone order fish from liveaquaria? Is the shipping pricey?

Thanks man I might get a small school. They can act as a showcase fish while at the same time fit into my peaceful community.

Excellent! Please post photos! I can't tell you how envious I am of your 100G.

Anyone order fish from liveaquaria? Is the shipping pricey?

I've heard that their discus are stunted and unhealthy but haven't heard anything about their other stock. Have you considered Aquabid? I've also seen them at Petsmart and you could ask to get them ordered in.

Private pet stores should be able to order you your fish as well.

Another consideration are that these fish can be wild caught and will come with diseases that need to be treated during QT. Let me us know what you end up getting so we can assist you with the QT process.

I'm probably gonna go and order some Denisons. I think they would go well.. Do you think 6 would be ok?

Majbarsalona - I agree you. 6 is a great start. I actually read they don't do that well alone so I never attempted to purchase just one. Have you heard different and give me a link? I would like to still buy one for my tank.

Jpb1216 -

I saw the prices on live aquaria and it's quite expensive. Check with your local store and see if they can ship in. Take a look at this:

AquaBid.com - Item # fwcyprinids1363732973 - 6 pack Puntius denisoni 'Roseline Shark' - Ends: Tue Mar 19 2013 - 05:42:53 PM CDT

He has a arrive alive guarantee 6 fish/$90 :)

I just emailed the seller to see if they are wilds.

Jpb1216 - The fish breeder emailed me back and said they are domestically bred! Which means that you still need to quarantine, but you don't need to medicate right away.

Just picked up 6 at $9 each. So what s the point of QT is it necessary or just something possible?

You might look into some clown loaches, really peaceful community fish and are really active and fun to watch,

Just picked up 6 at $9 each. So what s the point of QT is it necessary or just something possible?

I wouldn't say a QT tank something absolutely necessary, though others will disagree, but it is something you might want to look into, just makes sure that all the fish you put into your tank are going to be healthy by not mixing bad parasites and or other diseases into your show tank, and its also nice to have for when fish get ill.

Back
Top Bottom