Need help feeding a Peacock Bass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andos99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I picked up a pair of peacock's on Tuesday (yes I know what I'm getting myself into) and I can't get them to eat. They are only about an inch long at this point and very young. The guy at the LFS store said they had been feeding them ghost shrimp, bloodworms, and baby guppies since they've been in the store. Well I've tried all three and they won't take to anything. They kind of chase around the ghost shrimp for a bit, but give up pretty quickly. One of them gnawed on a bloodworm for a while, but eventually spit it out and said forget it. I've also tried baby crickets, and freeze dried brine shrimp with no success. They appear to be healthy so I don't know what's wrong....are they just that picky? I've done loads of research on these guys and now I'm at a loss.....any suggestions?

Sorry, I don't know much about them but this is from a local forums thread on PB's
He has been eating chopped pilchards, prawn (shelled) and whitebait. Have tried squid on him and the others, they hate it though. What was he being fed at midland?

The first few meals they got out of me were live food, way to expensive.

Just need to get them feeding from the surface when your feeding goldies, then just throw the food at the water to excite them and they wont know what they are eating... live or frozen. But for some reason they can really taste the squid, which is a shame because it is alot cleaner then the greasier fish meats.

Mind you his are pretty big.
Heres the thread, http://www.perthcichlid.com/pcs/mod...topic&t=4162&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Nothing spectacular he was just wondering how to get them to breed.
HTH

~Matt

Back
Top Bottom