Need help first tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After reading over your thread I'm glad to see you bought a power head. That should help a bit. As for your nitrate, doing some constant PWC's should help. And as for your algae and coral troubles I highly credit that all to your high phosphate levels. If you are not using rodi water to mix salt water or top off with your are probably never going to see a decrease in phosphate levels due to the levels of phosphate in your tap that I assume you are using. For now your problem with phosphate can be controlled fairly well by adding a bag of chemi pure elite media into your filter. Each bag should last 4 months or so give or take until you need to buy a new one. I would suggest buying an rodi system thought to make things less of a head ache for you. Hope all this helps and I hope everything shapes up for you. Don't give up! It's always worth it!

When topping off the tank I use Fiji water now not tap

I wouldn't use bottled water to top off, there are no regulations on bottled water and it could have anything in it. If you aren't using rodi I would recommend distiled, it is probably cheaper than Fiji anyway.

Hey guys I have a 14gal bio cube it's been in my grandparents garage for about 3 years not at active and I'm trying to fix it up and make it a fresh water tank and I have no idea how to hook it up or clean it? Any advise ??

Hey guys I have a 14gal bio cube it's been in my grandparents garage for about 3 years not at active and I'm trying to fix it up and make it a fresh water tank and I have no idea how to hook it up or clean it? Any advise ??

I would post this as a new thread in the fresh water section :)

Back
Top Bottom