need help making a 10 galon brakish tank for fiddler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david6969

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:thanks:ok so i have a new ten gallon tank and i bought everything for the fiddlers ,i added the fiddlers and my water became cloudy in one day ,why ?please help me im new to this:angel:

david6969 said:
:thanks:ok so i have a new ten gallon tank and i bought everything for the fiddlers ,i added the fiddlers and my water became cloudy in one day ,why ?please help me im new to this:angel:

Is it cycled? What are your parameters? What marine salt are you using? Are you using marine salt? What is you specific gravity? What exactly is in the tank? What is the substrate? What are the decorations? Can we see a photo? What exactly is everything? Do the fiddlers have land areas?

i made a hill with gravel so that they can get out the water on top of the hill is sand
the decorations are drift wood and a big ocean shell <it has about 3 inches of water and i have a filter with a air pump,how do i cycle ?and i added aquarium salt in it .sorry im new to this i feel dumb. please help i will post a picture on it

david6969 said:
i made a hill with gravel so that they can get out the water on top of the hill is sand
the decorations are drift wood and a big ocean shell <it has about 3 inches of water and i have a filter with a air pump,how do i cycle ?and i added aquarium salt in it .sorry im new to this i feel dumb. please help i will post a picture on it

To cycle, your crabs will provide a source if ammonia to grow bacteria that eat the toxins like ammonia and nitrite and convert them into nitrate eventually
You will be doing lot of water changes
Get a API master saltwater kit and test daily
If your levels are more than
0 ammo
0 nitrite
40 nitrate
Do a water change
Aquarium salt does not make brackish water.
You need a marine salt like instant ocean. You also need a hydrometer to measure the level of salt.

Back
Top Bottom