Need help NOWWWW!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's the dates on your test kits? Are they in date, you can't "presume" your water is ok, you NEED to know there ok 100%

Also when you get new fish, are you putting them straight in the tank? If so, bad idea, need to be quarantined first to look for diseases and seems you probably haven't and has killed your whole tank off.

What's the dates on your test kits? Are they in date, you can't "presume" your water is ok, you NEED to know there ok 100%

Also when you get new fish, are you putting them straight in the tank? If so, bad idea, need to be quarantined first to look for diseases and seems you probably haven't and has killed your whole tank off.

-.-.. If you read the full post, you would know I already -MULTIPLE TIMES- have said that I moved them to my 45 gal, with crystal clear, 0 0 5 water. Yes, my kits are OK until 2018. Did I QT? No. I did not have an extra tank, filter, OR heater, however i trust my LFS a lot. It has been 3 weeks since adding fish.

Hey buddy not to be rude but the whole thing about QT is your opinion not FACT. Other people have different opinions.

Well, update: NT are doing fine in 45 gal, I'm planning on emptying 10 gal, and re-cycling it fishless. I am going to use it as a grow out / QT/ hospital / testing tank (for aquapes to re-do on a larger scale.) I'm planning on getting my NT 3 more buddies, for a school of 5. They will hopefully somewhat school with my future rummy's, and get along with the bolivian rams and corys. Glad that emotional roller coaster is over o.o

Hey buddy not to be rude but the whole thing about QT is your opinion not FACT. Other people have different opinions.

Definitely. Personally I think if you completely trust your LFS (see them WC, QT sick fish, etc.), then the stress on your fish, you, and the acclimation time is not worth it.

Why not install cycle with media from your 40?

Well, update: NT are doing fine in 45 gal, I'm planning on emptying 10 gal, and re-cycling it fishless. I am going to use it as a grow out / QT/ hospital / testing tank (for aquapes to re-do on a larger scale.) I'm planning on getting my NT 3 more buddies, for a school of 5. They will hopefully somewhat school with my future rummy's, and get along with the bolivian rams and corys. Glad that emotional roller coaster is over o.o

Hey pandicorn, I'm late to this post, but wanted to put my two cents in.

A little earlier, people touched on a point - that weird accidents happen. My example is that several years ago, I did a WC and scrubbed the tank....next day, my perfectly healthy betta fish was dead. I racked my brains trying to figure out what happened, and then it occurred to me that my boyfriend had moved my WC equipment to the bottom shelf of the closet....so I went to investigate. Turns out, he put the bag septic tank starter on the shelf above. Some of the powder must have fallen onto my equipment....so with the WC came a MASSIVE dose of bacteria. :facepalm:

Point is, sometimes weird things happen. With the ich meds, the ammonia used to cycle the new tank you mentioned, salt dosing, etc.....something might have gone funky: maybe someone tried to help you out, or something got cross-contaminated. I'd investigate all equipment and nicely ask everyone in the house if they "helped" - making it clear you won't be angry, just want to know the truth for next time. I'd hate to see this happen agin!

Hey pandicorn, I'm late to this post, but wanted to put my two cents in.

A little earlier, people touched on a point - that weird accidents happen. My example is that several years ago, I did a WC and scrubbed the tank....next day, my perfectly healthy betta fish was dead. I racked my brains trying to figure out what happened, and then it occurred to me that my boyfriend had moved my WC equipment to the bottom shelf of the closet....so I went to investigate. Turns out, he put the bag septic tank starter on the shelf above. Some of the powder must have fallen onto my equipment....so with the WC came a MASSIVE dose of bacteria. :facepalm:

Point is, sometimes weird things happen. With the ich meds, the ammonia used to cycle the new tank you mentioned, salt dosing, etc.....something might have gone funky: maybe someone tried to help you out, or something got cross-contaminated. I'd investigate all equipment and nicely ask everyone in the house if they "helped" - making it clear you won't be angry, just want to know the truth for next time. I'd hate to see this happen agin!

I used my kitchen TSb/S to measure the salt... Pretty sure that wouldn't have cause this though... o_O

It might just be a mystery for the books. At least your fish are happy now, and you know how to keep an aquarium (for sure now that everybody mentioned it, if you didn't already. Haha) Good luck with the re-cycle and fish continuing to get better.

It might just be a mystery for the books. At least your fish are happy now, and you know how to keep an aquarium (for sure now that everybody mentioned it, if you didn't already. Haha) Good luck with the re-cycle and fish continuing to get better.

Thanks! I'll be sure to tell my grandchildren x)

Thanks! I'll be sure to tell my grandchildren x)

Hi pandicorn

You you said the natural light hits the tank before you go to school. Does this mean that the tank is in direct sunlight? The tank would hear up pretty quickly if the sunlight was hitting the tank.

Hi pandicorn

You you said the natural light hits the tank before you go to school. Does this mean that the tank is in direct sunlight? The tank would hear up pretty quickly if the sunlight was hitting the tank.

No. Indirect. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398609714.490255.jpg

Back
Top Bottom