Need help quick!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TenaciousTriggerFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
somebody I need your advice I have a five gallon tank no heat with light and filtration what fish should I get please respond in next hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say shrimp too, but even they do better with a heater. Is the room temp in the 70's?

Stocking a tank really does cause for research and planning, not spontaneous stocking lol Is there a reason you need to stock the tank right away? Is it cycled? Without a heater your options are pretty limited (even with a heater there wouldn't be a lot to choose from in terms of fish for a 5 gal).

It was a simple five gallon in un cycled tank I'm experienced and just wanted to know what I should put in my dads new tank I was going to wal mart and I didn't know what should be put in the I have two goldfish and a Micky mouse platy that were in a different five gallon tank that was at the nursinghome my dad is in originally but that I was getting a diff tank and thought I would get other fish but decided not to and just kept them... Its a pretty rocking tank!! :D btw trust me I have done research on every fish I can get from walmart and lfs trust me

I truly hope you have done your research. A 5gal tank is too small for even a single goldfish, let alone two. Fancies need 20gal for the first fish, 10gal for each fish after minimum. Comets, commons, shubunkins are pond fish & do not belong in an aquarium setting unless its a very large tank- they can grow to be 18inches.

They are commets but they are only a couple inches... I will switch them out when they get bigger

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
They are commets but they are only a couple inches... I will switch them out when they get bigger

They may not get any bigger. Thats the problem. They will suffer from stunting which can lead to a deformed spine, issues with organs and premature death. They will also be more susceptible to disease. Not a good way to go.

Back
Top Bottom