need help with my bubble tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeremy upshir

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am new to this site. I had just bought two bubble tips about two weeks ago, the one seems to be doing ok but the other one is hiding upside down under a rock? it looks like his mouth may be open but its hard to tell. is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

They tend to hide on you when first introduced into the aquarium. Make sure you have the correct flow and parameters.. It should come out at some point

ok thank you. I had also just noticed it has a little string of black stuff coming out of its moth, not quite sure what this is. tested my parameters last night and everything is perfect. I am new at all this saltwater stuff so I am worried. I have freshwatered all my life

It's probably pooping. What lighting are you running over this tank and what size tank is it? How long has the tank been running?

I have a 50 gal/ deep blue solar flare 75 watt leds. tank has been up and running for 6 months

I am also running a bulk reef supply gfo carbon duel reactor and a reef octopus 110 protein skimmer

sorry I lied it the 36 inch but I was still wrong there 108 watts is that still to much?

sorry I lied it the 36 inch but I was still wrong there 108 watts is that still to much?
It will take time for them to acclimate. I wouldn't say it's too much, but i would dim them or raise them up a bit off of the tank. If you can't do either of those, you could buy a roll of window screen pretty cheap at home depot and cut it in sheets. then put a few sheets between the light and the tank and remove one sheet every couple weeks until they are all gone.

Back
Top Bottom