need identify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

virus

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey everybody i need a identafication on this fish i bought at my lfs, i went there and i saw this fish in the "danio" tank and it is gold/white with long fins and a very plump looking stomach. ohh there is also a black spot near the back right by the fins, on both sides

Also i want to know if mollys/platie/swordtails school? or do they do better on their own? cuse i just bought a lyretail mollie and it just looks alone, but i guess i have to wait and see since its new to my tank :)

I am not to sure on the identity but the livebearers do better in ratio's i.e. 1 male to 2 females ... I think. When I had mine they did seem to stick close to each other but mine were all ways breeding lol 8O

There are lots of fish with black spots in the back.....Rosy barbs and quite a few other barbs I believe. There are also rasboras that have black spots in the back. As far as the livebearers I like to keep them like Steven said a few females to one male. Otherwise the males toture the hell out of the females.

Back
Top Bottom