Need suggestions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaggiesGame

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, I am in the process of cycling a 58 gallon tall which will be a FOWLR tank. There are so many beautiful fish out there, but I'd like to get something colorful (not too small) but rather hardy. Any suggestions?
The tank has a DSB, skimmer, 30 lbs base rock and 10 lbs of LR, mag pump (700 gph) in the sump, 2 55 PC's and a 50/50 NO flourescent (i think this is right, LOL).
Is there anything else I'm missing for this? I'm not picky about fish, I love them all, just want to make sure this is right before I get any.
Any and all suggestions are, of course, greatly appreciated. :)

While there are many fish on the market today, many can easily outgrow your 58 gallon, including a yellow tang, or any tang of that matter. As you might already know, tangs are grazing fish, with their diet mainly on algea around the tank. Most species can get over 7 inches long, and some including the unicorn and naso tang have been known for growing over 2 feet in length.

I would personally stay away from tangs, although you might be able to acomodate a small yellow tang in your tank, with upgrading it to something larger than 80 gallons later on in its life.

Good fish include fire fish, all species of clownfish, cardinels, most species of blennys and gobies, species from the gramma and basslet family will also do well in your tank. Damsels might also be a fish to consider, although their agresion is usually why people try to stay away from these fish.

I think I meantioned most of the cheap, easy to find, and hardy/compatible species on the market, but i'm sure someone out there can list at least 10x more than I did. If you want me to, I can go into exact species in those families if it would help you find the right species of fish.

Check out www.liveaquaria.com and check out some of their fish list, im sure that will be of some use to you.

Happy fishkeeping!

PH =)

I rekon a 6 stripe wrasse is a good option. There relitively hardy and friendly fish. Good looking aswell.
How about fire gobies, or those ones like them, there like green yellow purple and maybe other colours.
If i could have any sized tank and anyfish i'd get a koran angle, thye like just call for me. There so kool. Thats not ur topic though
hope my little info helps,
—›Justin™

Back
Top Bottom