Need to attach green star polyp frags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sicklidkid

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recieved some green star polyp mats for free and they never seem to stay put. Can i super glue them? If so what is the correct type to use? Thanks.

Yep, superglue works great. Use the gel type superglue. You could also tie them to a rock. They attach pretty quickly. I had luck with mine attaching by just laying them on a rock in a low flow area. Good luck. :D

I was going to say also that you might not have to use super glue if you put him on a flat spot. But if he`s on an angle you might have to.

gel super glue is correct. I keep a bowl of tank water and a baster close . Right after you place it squirt some water on it. The glue gets hot.

Ok thanks guys. Its been so long since i have been on here, i cant belive i have a 4 tang ranking now!

Ok so i went to a hobby shop today and asked for gel based super glue and they gave me something called insta-cure+. It says Cyanoacrylate in the bottle. Is this good or bad? I cant seem to find any place where it actullay says gel though.

just use a thin rubber band and you will not have to worry if the glue contains toxic chemicals or not. it will eventually attach in about a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom