Need to get some ideas for inventory of my friend's LFS...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redwhiptailplec said:
Excellent! I will definetly have to pop buy....I always need more fish...although my Wife might argue with that....

If you have any problems with directions feel free to e-mail (ryan@fishbowlaquariums.com), PM, or IM me (FishBowlAquarium) on AIM!

I would like to see a bigger selection of fish. I am to the point where I live...I have to drive an hour to get what I want or order off the net (and pay shipping).

I think someone already said pl*cos. I wider variety would be nice...Our lfs only carries common which is to big for most tanks.... I like the idea of having new fish every week...also... good ideas

redwhiptailplec said:
I should be in either tonight or this Weekend, I am the tall English fellow, you can't miss me!

Oh and what are your opening hours btw?

Monday-Friday: 12:00pm-7:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am-5:00pm
Sunday: Closed

Gee... I should really chime in with some opinions since I live about 10 miles from the store. :) I'll have to stop in this weekend and see what you got.

Just for your info... You might have a VERY good opportunity right now to capitalize on some very inexperienced help (worse than usual) at the PetSmart on Blanding. I now refuse to go in there since a couple months ago I went to buy some fish and waited for TWO hours with no assistance. I saw 3 employees come into the area the whole time, and each time I tried to approach one to ask for help they turned and left the area. I left the store with no fish, went to Pet Supermarket, and haven't been back since. Been looking for a good LFS as I don't wanna cross the bridge to goto Aqua Zoo. Too far to drive but they seem to get most of my business due to decent selection, and good service... Pet Supermarket and Fish Factory have a poor selection of fish... Atlantis has a good selection of marine fish, so so equipment, and halfway decent service, but a 30 mile drive to the beach. So... You just put your store in the running for one new customer's search here. :)

Hopefully you carry straight pin CF light bulbs (every store I've been in carries either straight or square pin, but never both) as I'll need a new one soon.

I'll repost here what I'd like to see in your store after I come check it out. So if you see a guy poking around in a black Stihl hat that'd be me. :)

Also... On the subject of used tanks... If you go across the river to Atlantis Aquariums you'll see they sell used tanks and the only ones that I've seen move out of there on my visits are the large used custom tanks. The regular sizes of used just seem to stay there.

Unfortunately, I will be at my other job until Tuesday :(. Balancing both jobs is hard, but I love fish so I won't ever stop the hobby ;)! It'd be awesome if both of you came by. You'll speak to either myself (Ryan), Jason, or the store owner Danny. Believe me, customer service is where we rise above the rest. You could walk into the store and all three of us would probably approach you and say hi! Danny is the big Saltwater hobbyist, Jason just started getting into saltwater a while ago and I'm the guy that controls all the freshwater. I would like to warn you both that we are changing so much stuff in the store it's going to be crazy real soon. We have new tanks coming in, new fish, new products...EVERYTHING. As we were just down at our last big convention recently, we ordered so much stuff I couldn't keep track of it all. Also, I will tell you right now we are low on salt and freshwater fish. We have an order coming in tomorrow (Friday) for saltwater and an order coming in on Tuesday for freshwater. MORE new supplies will also be coming in on Tuesday. If you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask me. I will try and help you out to let you know what we have and don't have so you don't have to waste any time with your busy schedules that I'm sure most of us have.

jgc8fan,
Sorry for all the crappy experiences you had to go through bud, come on in to our store whenever you get chance. As far as lights, I'm not 100% sure what is in stock and what isn't. I know we were supposed to have placed an order for a crapload at the convention, but to say the least...we experienced some real bad service just as you did at those other stores. At the booth we were trying to place the order for lights at, no one could help us. We got real mad as you could imagine and decided to order through a different company. I'll speak with Danny about it ASAP or you can feel free to ask him when we should be getting lights in.

Let Danny know I (Ryan) sent you guys up to the shop to have a look and get an idea of what kind of shop we are. Like I said, bare with us 'cause we have alot of new great changes coming! :D

Back
Top Bottom