Neolamprologus tretocephalus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rivers2k

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone have experience with these guys? I plan on putting it in wiht my HRP and Firemouths. only thing I find is these are crazy nasty but my FM and HRP are much bigger.

Attachments

• 20140827_140013.jpg
    20140827_140013.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 62
I had a trio of them. Mine were unbelievably vicious. The two females shredded the male.

I am actually thinking about going right back to the store. I have always liked the looks of the and have had many tang tanks before but now the more I read all I hear is how viscous they are.

I have returned the fish. In all the years of keeping fish I have never done anything like that before. My tank is working really well all I need is a little jerk terrorizing everything.

It is a shame because they are naturally beautiful fish.

I ended up selling my remaining fish at a local auction.

It is a shame because they are naturally beautiful fish.

I ended up selling my remaining fish at a local auction.

That they are I love the shape of them as well the head is like no other fish. Oh well, can't keep every fish I like.

WOW just did some research on these and seems they are NASTY would be very cool in a species only tank. Im amazed most sites said they need a min of a 75 gallon for just a few and once they claim a large territory they will chase and kill most any thing that comes near it. I thought Neolamprologus multifasciatus were mean little guys.

Yeah, I miss them a little though.

Here is a picture of a young one.

Attachments

• Neolamprologus tretocephalus-1.jpg
    Neolamprologus tretocephalus-1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 61
WOW just did some research on these and seems they are NASTY would be very cool in a species only tank. Im amazed most sites said they need a min of a 75 gallon for just a few and once they claim a large territory they will chase and kill most any thing that comes near it. I thought Neolamprologus multifasciatus were mean little guys.

I did come more reading last night and found out not to put them with Frontosa because in the wild they use there coloring to get in amongst the group and then eat the scales of the frontosa. I think these guys rank for the meanest fish.

Back
Top Bottom