never skimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpaparazzo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Aright Im sure everyone knows this but I just had to see it to believe it..

When I started out my tank over 4months ago I had picked up a redsea berlin classic turbo for my tank...My sump (tidepool2) had plenty of room for it but the problem was that the first chamber in the pump held all the water and i could never get enough water in the second chamber to run my skimmer effectively because of the size of the pump..So being a newbie and an idiot I went out and bought a seaclone100 and the pump size was perfect for my sump..I had this nice $200 protein skimmer in the basement. Well I just wasnt satisfied that the seaclone was pulling enough out..It was hardly ever filling the cup...So last sat I tried the redsea again now that Ive had the tank up and running for awhile..I managed to keep the water level in the sump enough for the pump with a ball valve...I couldnt believe after two days how much stuff the redsea was pulling out compared to the seaclone..

Moral:Never skimp on the skimmer

Thanks

Is there a good skimmer that is not so big? I have the Berlin classic and it will fit in my sump when I get the new LR in and the Bioballs out for my 75 gal but definately will not fit with a sump under the 29 gal I am working on ...

You should look at the remoras or the urchins for your 29g tank. CaptiveRaisedCorals.com has a special on them right now for AA.com members, it's an excellent deal, but there is only a few days left on the sale.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=10013

I am getting a remora from them, remora and remora pro = hang on skimmer the urchin is the same as a remora it is designed to be an insump model, though.

Back
Top Bottom