New 10gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrimp tank , brine shrimp hatchery ^ , betta(s), maybe some platys/guppies with some shrimp/snails. Also maybe dwarf puffers.

Sweet,Is there any schooling fish that could go with them? I want some black neon tetras but im not sure if a 10gal has enough swimming room for them. Could i have the black neons?

BHead108 said:
Sweet,Is there any schooling fish that could go with them? I want some black neon tetras but im not sure if a 10gal has enough swimming room for them. Could i have the black neons?

The brine shrimp to hatch you most likely have to have a kind of saltwater so no other fish. :( brine shrimp is usually just food for fry or fish.

Possible fish for a 10g tank?
Ember tetras, jellybean tetras, chili rasboras, micro rasboras (dwarf spot rasbora, emerald rasbora, and others), celestial pearl danios, scarlet badis, clown killifish Norman's lampeye killifish, pygmy cories (C. habrosus, hastatus, pygmaeus), Asian stone catfish, betta (there are other species besides just betta splendens too), shell dwelling cichlids (preferably brevis or multis), dwarf puffer, guppies, Endler's livebearers, platies, green neons, rice fish, pygmy sunfish, least killifish, dwarf gourami, croaking gourami, sparkling gourami, otos, shrimp, and nerite snails.
Not all of these fish are compatible, so you have to research around a bit to see what you like. :)

EDIT: IMO, no, 10g is not enough for black neons. They get a bit big for a 10g and would be better suited to a 20g.

Fishie said:
Shrimp tank , brine shrimp hatchery ^ , betta(s), maybe some platys/guppies with some shrimp/snails. Also maybe dwarf puffers.

+ 1 on the dwarf puffers :)

absolutangel04 said:
Ember tetras, jellybean tetras, chili rasboras, micro rasboras (dwarf spot rasbora, emerald rasbora, and others), celestiual pearl danios, scarlet badis, clown killifish Norman's lampeye killifish, pygmy cories (C. habrosus, hastatus, pygmaeus), Asian stone catfish, betta (there are other species besides just betta splendens too), shell dwelling cichlids (preferably brevis or multis), dwarf puffer, guppies, Endler's livebearers, platies, green neons, rice fish, pygmy sunfish, least killifish, dwarf gourami, croaking gourami, sparkling gourami, otos, shrimp, and nerite snails.
Not all of these fish are compatible, so you have to research around a bit to see what you like. :)

+1 I thought u meant with brine shrimp! Nice listing all of them!

LMAO, the brine shrimp hatchery comment was a joke LOL! If you wanted to though, you could raise brine shrimp in there and feed them to your other fish, but something like a mason jar or two liter bottle would be much better as they lose much of their nutritional value after about 18 hours or so.

bs6749 said:
LMAO, the brine shrimp hatchery comment was a joke LOL! If you wanted to though, you could raise brine shrimp in there and feed them to your other fish, but something like a mason jar or two liter bottle would be much better as they lose much of their nutritional value after about 18 hours or so.

True ^ can make homemade one just look it up on YouTube .

Ember tetras, jellybean tetras, chili rasboras, micro rasboras (dwarf spot rasbora, emerald rasbora, and others), celestial pearl danios, scarlet badis, clown killifish Norman's lampeye killifish, pygmy cories (C. habrosus, hastatus, pygmaeus), Asian stone catfish, betta (there are other species besides just betta splendens too), shell dwelling cichlids (preferably brevis or multis), dwarf puffer, guppies, Endler's livebearers, platies, green neons, rice fish, pygmy sunfish, least killifish, dwarf gourami, croaking gourami, sparkling gourami, otos, shrimp, and nerite snails.

EDIT: IMO, no, 10g is not enough for black neons. They get a bit big for a 10g and would be better suited to a 20g.

Just looked at emerald rasboras and really liked them. I think im going to look and see if my lfs has them and if not ill look online somewhere. KNow any good sites for these fish? Also, im going to look into some types of shrimp. Any suggestions of shrimp that would do well with emeralds?

Just looked at emerald rasboras and really liked them. I think im going to look and see if my lfs has them and if not ill look online somewhere. KNow any good sites for these fish? Also, im going to look into some types of shrimp. Any suggestions of shrimp that would do well with emeralds?
Look here: Home I am not sure if they currently have them, but they have had them in the past. I actually just got clown killis and habrosus cories from them. They have a fair amount of nano fish to species to choose from usually. :)
The only small shrimp I have experience with are red cherry shrimp. They would do fine though. :)

I have experience with neocaridina and caridna species of shrimp and either will do just fine, but you might want to stick with neocaridina's like red cherry shrimp and their yellow variety "yellow shrimp" (which tend to get slightly larger than RCS and have slower breeding rates to boot). Provide them cover such as guppy grass, any of the many types of mosses, and you can even include some floating plants like Amazon frogbit for them to hide out in.

Back
Top Bottom