New 14G Biocube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm I'll have to check it out! :) thanks! I'd be cool if he did ship. I can get better stuff then lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Following along, I started my first sw tank a couple of weeks back and it's doing great. I just need to find out what corals to get now haha!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408829637.673123.jpg I got some kenya tree with my live rock and added a blood shrimp today. Things are looking pretty good but I still need to paint the back of the tank :)

I like the island look! Looks like it's going to be a great tank! I personally like the LPS corals myself and now I have this thing for zoas lol :D just got to find the color morphs now. Any plans for corals?

Going for softies and lps like you haha. I really like the look of hammers and mushrooms. I'll be getting a plenty of zoas and green star polyps as well :)

Great choices! Anything colorful is what I look for, I'll definitely be following along your build as well!

So I'm sitting here thinking about how I want to possibly redo my aqua-scape (I tried getting the bad idea out of my head lol :D ) so I was thinking of doing maybe a central island theme of something along those lines, but the question I have is what do I do about my nassarius snails that are buried??

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The snails will be fine, as long as you arent removing the sand. If just moving your rock they will stay buried or move. :)

Okay thank carey! :) I'm hoping this new scape might help with flow and calm this stupid cyano down :(

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Let me know how it goes, I am debating a rearrangement too. Maybe during my water change tomorrow so I can move the corals out & not risk smashing any of them with falling rocks. I would like to bond my rocks too and then my frags because the snails and crabs have knocked a few off and then when I try to rescue them I end up messing up the balance of the rocks. I got instant ocean holdfast but it says to dry the surface, not sure how to do that. Do you know if it will still bond if I do it while the rocks are in the tank??

Well I'm glad we have the same ideas sand dollar lol! :) I don't know how the instant ocean bond works but I just looked up some reviews on dr. Foster and smith and it got great reviews saying it can be applied on rocks that were fully submerged! So it seems like it should work! I'm just trying to think about how I want to do it with the fish in or out

Ok, I may order some of that if what I have doesn't work. Also watch out if you have any hermit crabs, one of my was attached to a rock I pulled out to get to a coral. He took off across the counter, I think he was trying to escape! :)

Haha! Yea I have two hermits so hopefully no escape attempts, I think I'm just going to take the fish and everything out so they don't get too stressed

So cute! I went to a Craigslist coral guy with a friend today and got two poly frags, they are starting to open. I'll post pics when they do, hopefully tonight! I forgot their names already so maybe someone here will know, otherwise I'll be searching the web :)

Back
Top Bottom