New 14G Biocube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No I didn't get to 10gal, I did add the red cyano chemicals today though so we will see how it goes. It says it helps within 48 hours. So Friday is the day and a water change for it. Aiming the pump upward will add oxygen right? This stuff decreases oxygen a bit

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Seems like it went very well Carey! I also went two days dark as well to help the treatment. Will post a pic in a bit :) just got to do a water change

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409321727.923697.jpgbefore
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409321748.567865.jpgtoday!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409321736.815892.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409321736.815892.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 74
You know those red slime removers are just a band aid right? If you don't address the cause of the issue it's just going to come back.

Yea definitely! I'm doing about a 20-30% water change and lowering the photoperiod. What would you think are some other causes BigRed? I don't feed that often or that much

With the clowns and chromis your bio load was probably a little too much for your young tank to handle, and they were producing more nutrients than your filtration/maintenance was taking out. Relatively common, as things stabilize the tank will be able to handle more nutrients.

Okay sounds good BigRed! I actually lost one of the clowns so it's just one clown, my damsel and royal gramma. But I redid the tank today, and as soon as the sand settle I'm going to do my water change. Also picked up an anemone crab and some peppermint shrimp! Need some invert love in this tank lol. Pics will be up soon :D

Can't wait to see the anemone crab! They are so neat, I am considering one but my LFS doesn't have any currently. Let me know how you like him.

Ask and you shall receive! Here's the anemone crab, three peppermint shrimp, and the new fts. Let me know what you all think! :)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409345323.720138.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409345332.099789.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409345345.769848.jpg

Love the FTS shot with your clown in the cave! Very cool crab too, I'll have to keep checking my LFS for when they get some back in. Hope the tank stays clean with your modifications!!

Thanks sand dollar! I'm hoping that the way it's arranged now and with the changing light schedule that there will be no more cyano :)

I saw one at my lfs but wanted to do research before I bought it

Fish are friends not food!

Thanks 10gal! It feeds with these filter-type fans that pull stuff out of the water

So no special feeding? Cool. Do you think it could live in my mini carpet? Would it bother my Sally light foot?

Fish are friends not food!

Nothing crazy with it no! And yea it actually seeks out anemones and lives on it lol! Just got to be careful because the crab tends to eat a lot of the food when you try to feed the carpet. The sally is a opportunistic ambush predator though so as long as he's not hungry they might get along.

Tanks looks awesome! Loving the results from the treatment. What did you use?

Thanks Dave! :) I used the chemi clean red cyano remover. It worked amazingly and combined that with 2 days of darkness. I'm extremely happy with the results and would definitely recommend it to you!

Back
Top Bottom