New 220g corner tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think its possible, for it to bloom like that there needs to be an excess of nutrients/phosphates.

1) test your rodi water BEFORE adding to tank.
2) look at your feeding schedule and what foods your feeding.

Ok so tested RODI water and it came out zero everything. I changed the carbon and 5 micron filters just in case. They were due a change anyway.

Tested my tank water and thaw as a different story. Around 4ppm phosphate and 10ppm nitrate. These may be inaccurate reading if the algae is consuming the phosphate and nitrate making them higher than they actually read.

I went ahead and reduced the amount of light and length of time they're on. I added a good amount of carbon in 2 separate socks in the sump... After the refugium. I also added a large sponge that fits perfectly between the glass in the sump on the first section which I will be cleaning every week.

On a positive not the idols streamer is growing about a cm every day because of the size of this tank. It's barely near the powerheads and with the new mp40's that come with a cover in the packet it makes it even less likely for him to get his streamer chopped off.

So on this part of the planet we have to order our fish in when ever the LFS places an order for marine fish. We then go down to the shop usually after opening hours and collect our fish still in the bags that came from the supplier. Not a bad thing if you ask me.

Our next order is tomorrow for collection the following day.

I'm going for the following,

Harlequin Tusk (Aus)
Lipstick tank (indo)
Copperband Butterfly
A bunch of hermit crabs and a couple of fire shrimp

It took me a while to choose these ones as there are so many fish I want for my FOWLR. I also don't want to put any stress on my current stock so picky picky picky!

So on this part of the planet we have to order our fish in when ever the LFS places an order for marine fish. We then go down to the shop usually after opening hours and collect our fish still in the bags that came from the supplier. Not a bad thing if you ask me.

Our next order is tomorrow for collection the following day.

I'm going for the following,

Harlequin Tusk (Aus)
Lipstick tank (indo)
Copperband Butterfly
A bunch of hermit crabs and a couple of fire shrimp

It took me a while to choose these ones as there are so many fish I want for my FOWLR. I also don't want to put any stress on my current stock so picky picky picky!

Harlequin tusks eat hermit crabs and shrimp, am i wrong?

Hmm.... Live aquaria says they may eat small crustation like snails or crabs.

I wonder if il get away with just the shrimp then?

Most likely not, i have seen my lfs stick dozens of ghost shrimp in with one of their tusks, in about 2-3 minutes 3/4s of them are gone.

So.... New fish...

Just got a stunning purple tang, a copperband butterfly, orange spot goby and a snowflake eel.

All in QT now for around 30 mins. Already witnessed the goby and tang eating and keeping a close eye on the others. They all seem very docile and happy. Good start!

Attachments

• image-554583630.jpg
    image-554583630.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 94
  • image-4237670848.jpg
    image-4237670848.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 87
Such good looking fish! I can't wait till I upgrade one day and can stock more fish..

Any plans for that happening in the near future?

The purple tang actually made me gasp it's that beautiful. I've never seen one in the flesh until today! Worth every penny!

I'm trying to get pics of the eel and goby but they're being a bit shy lol

Wow they look great! I'm actually looking into a larger tank in the near future. You just can't experience salt water to the fullest with a nano.

No you're definitely right and you should totally use that and so should we all as an excuse for an upgrade lol

Lol my planned 60G cube magically changed to a 93G cube. Hopefully for my wallets sake it doesn't change to a 150 :p

A quick update on tank progress.....

All levels are fine. I've got some new live rock coming next week which I plan on creating a crazy aquascape ( if I can reach down the back of the tank lol )

Refugium is looking a little petty in terms of how much algae is in there. Hoping this will grow out but I'm tempted to order some more. Any tips advice?

Fish are doing great and love their new home. Idol ate his first cockle today and my god never seen him eat more like a pig lol. Tangs were after it as well which I didn't expect.

Algae in main tank has dramatically been reduced by me turning the lights way down to 30%. Il keep it this way until I have some good growth in the fuge.

Here's a few pics.....

Attachments

• image-3262580560.jpg
    image-3262580560.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 100
  • image-3591449363.jpg
    image-3591449363.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 109
  • image-2081627907.jpg
    image-2081627907.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 102
  • image-4261418013.jpg
    image-4261418013.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 104
  • image-4232704987.jpg
    image-4232704987.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1568509135.jpg
    image-1568509135.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3050868228.jpg
    image-3050868228.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 126
  • image-3507078237.jpg
    image-3507078237.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 123
A quick update on tank progress.....

All levels are fine. I've got some new live rock coming next week which I plan on creating a crazy aquascape ( if I can reach down the back of the tank lol )

Refugium is looking a little petty in terms of how much algae is in there. Hoping this will grow out but I'm tempted to order some more. Any tips advice?

Fish are doing great and love their new home. Idol ate his first cockle today and my god never seen him eat more like a pig lol. Tangs were after it as well which I didn't expect.

Algae in main tank has dramatically been reduced by me turning the lights way down to 30%. Il keep it this way until I have some good growth in the fuge.

Here's a few pics.....

Looks awesome! Love the fish! Why no sand bed in fuge?

Back
Top Bottom