New 220g corner tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks great! Waters a litte cloudy though, did you transfer live rock and use the the same filter media

Water is cloudy because of the sand. Even though I rinsed the stuff lol.

I've used fully cycled live rock I've had for over 2 years and kept it in storage in the garage between tanks checking water quality etc.

Amazing looking..I'm jelly! Lol what lights are you using? I like that blue look..also no cycle time? Or did you reuse everything from the old tank?..is there more rock going in?

There's 3 Aquaray 1000hd tiles on top and 2 Fiji blue 600 strips along with the controller. They actually look a lot better over this tank!

I've used rock from my old tank and plan on getting a load more. Looking forward to setting up my fuge also!

Ok cool, whats your stock again?

1 powder blue tang,
1 regal tang,
1 yellow tang,
1 moorish idol,
1 emperor angel,
3 green chromis,
4 black and white clowns (juvenile & 2 will be going to another tank soon)

3 blue and lack legged hermits and 1 red leg. Plan on getting a bigger cuc next week.

1 powder blue tang,
1 regal tang,
1 yellow tang,
1 moorish idol,
1 emperor angel,
3 green chromis,
4 black and white clowns (juvenile & 2 will be going to another tank soon)

3 blue and lack legged hermits and 1 red leg. Plan on getting a bigger cuc next week.

Sounds good, what are the new fish gonna be?

Sounds good, what are the new fish gonna be?

Well the 'showpiece' I'm hoping for will be a zebra moray.

I'm getting around 7 lyretail anthias and a few more chromis in the next few weeks as my friend is breaking his tank down.

I'd like another tang but not sure which yet because of the powder blue.

Definitely getting a foxface and harlequin bass.

I'm toying with getting an anemone. Would be lovely to see about magnifica or carpet anemone in there at some point but im not sure the Aquarays have enough punch to penetrate 28 inches of water.

Well the 'showpiece' I'm hoping for will be a zebra moray.

I'm getting around 7 lyretail anthias and a few more chromis in the next few weeks as my friend is breaking his tank down.

I'd like another tang but not sure which yet because of the powder blue.

Definitely getting a foxface and harlequin bass.

I'm toying with getting an anemone. Would be lovely to see about magnifica or carpet anemone in there at some point but im not sure the Aquarays have enough punch to penetrate 28 inches of water.

Zebra moray would be sweet! Love lyretail anthias also, what type of foxface?

I calculated the amount of water that went in to this system and its just over 1000 litres. That's 264 us gallons, 220 uk (imperial) gallons.

Didn't think it was that big....I need to change the name of this thread haha

I calculated the amount of water that went in to this system and its just over 1000 litres. That's 264 us gallons, 220 uk (imperial) gallons.

Didn't think it was that big....I need to change the name of this thread haha

Yeah lol. What return pump are you useing?

Yeah lol. What return pump are you useing?

It's an Oase pump. A friend of mine had it and never used it so ended up selling it to me. Rated up to 9000 LPH. got it on the lowest setting which in need to read up on.

I used this pump to move all the water from my garage from 4 barrels, 20 meters lol. It's an absolute beast. Was shocked at its power. I reckon I filled this tank in no more than half an hour. I just can't imagine trying to use 25 litre containers to transport it lol

Quick update,

Tank has really cleared up. Levels are all stable as I expected they would be and fish are all feeding like pigs. Including the idol and powder blue.

Just to throw another one on the future stock list...... Purple tang! I think this would be the last tang I could add to this group of inhabitants.

On to the refugium. I've never run a refugium so I'm not sure what to order. Some people say miracle mud is good, other say just use chaeto and nothing else etc etc. would be interesting to see your views and experiences on this one.

Here's a quick shot of the tank now...

Attachments

• image-179166170.jpg
    image-179166170.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 92
I run a shallow sand bed, live rock rubble and caulerpa. looking back I wish I wouldn't have put sand in there. detritus and junk builds up in the corners of my refugium and its a bit harder to clean than the other 2 chambers which are bare bottom.
also I def second, third, fourth, and so on...vote you get a purple tang! I absolutely love my lil guy.

I run a shallow sand bed, live rock rubble and caulerpa. looking back I wish I wouldn't have put sand in there. detritus and junk builds up in the corners of my refugium and its a bit harder to clean than the other 2 chambers which are bare bottom.
also I def second, third, fourth, and so on...vote you get a purple tang! I absolutely love my lil guy.

Which caulerpa did you go for? I don't know much about keeping seaweeds and algae but certainly want to keep it so my display stays nice and clear.

I think il go without the sand bed and go with rubble.

caulerpa prolifera is what I use, although ive been wanting to try other strains, mainly either grape caulerpa or chaeto. mine doesn't seem to grow at the alarming rate that most hobbyists experience. it does anchor nicely to the rock though, so once its anchored, the waves and flow doesn't pull it into the return pump.

Back
Top Bottom