New 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
meegosh said:
I agree fort, that is where I got my ferts from... came out to about $36 shipped including some of Barr's gh booster. EI is a good way to start but once you find your balance you can try PPS Pro as it will save you some ferts. And if you are really lazy, like me, build an auto doser. :) Good luck and go Pitt! :)

Thanks for the tips.

That was a real hard loss tonight. But still, Go PITT!

Here's one of my young oto cats =)

Calling him Leo because he's the only one of the bunch that has spots like a leopard.

Once water clears I'll post pics of the new plants that I finally moved into the 29g.

Looks so much nicer.

Attachments

• image-2577946708.jpg
    image-2577946708.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 62
updated pics!

added the new plants and 2 more oto cats

Attachments

• IMG_6061.jpg
    IMG_6061.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6065.jpg
    IMG_6065.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 60
Nice thread
iR.png

I love it

Your tank is beautiful, Aaron! WTG!! :D I absolutely love that blue background! It a real eye-catcher! Hmmmm... I wonder what a blue background would look like on my tank? ;)

McLumpy said:
Your tank is beautiful, Aaron! WTG!! :D I absolutely love that blue background! It a real eye-catcher! Hmmmm... I wonder what a blue background would look like on my tank? ;)

Lol thanks. Yeah the blue background is nice. I think it makes the tank look like it is deep waters or something. Lol

I got 6 harlequin rasboras
an albino bristlenose pleco
And another oto cat.
(the two young ones from before didn't make it) this one is already big so he should work well.

They're in my 10g quarantine for now.

Attachments

• image-2028637116.jpg
    image-2028637116.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 52
  • image-1668873630.jpg
    image-1668873630.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 54
  • image-4290623829.jpg
    image-4290623829.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 50
Looks good the blue background sets the fish and plants off well.
Oto's aren't the hardiest fish to start with, and never available as tank-raised stock. The BN will likely outlive them both, but make sure you feed them veggies at least twice weekly to supplement the flakes or pellets.

toddnbecka said:
Looks good the blue background sets the fish and plants off well.
Oto's aren't the hardiest fish to start with, and never available as tank-raised stock. The BN will likely outlive them both, but make sure you feed them veggies at least twice weekly to supplement the flakes or pellets.

Sounds good and thanks!

Like frozen cucumbers?

I use canned green beans, they sink on their own. Cucumber, zucchini, yam slices, or peas are also good. The main thing is to get some vegetable matter through their digestive systems to keep the commercial fish foods from blocking them up. I've found that NLS pellets don't cause problems like other prepared foods, but they still like the veggies too. It may take them some time to realize it's food, but once they do they'll love it.

Well well well.

Sorry for not many updates but I just started a new job and such so I've been busy.

But! I have 2 German blue rams (a pair) and they have laid eggs! Just found them today. A lot of them! The male is sticking close to them. This is the best angle I could get for the picture.

Can't wait. I guess they like the place!

Attachments

• image-2581924915.jpg
    image-2581924915.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 70
wow...didn't realize you got harlequins too..cool.....

that is so cute with your rams....can't wait to see your frys

daileene said:
wow...didn't realize you got harlequins too..cool.....

that is so cute with your rams....can't wait to see your frys

Yeah haha and black neons. They're up in the 29g. I have only the pair of GBRs and their eggs in the 10g.

Here's a pic of each. (the 10g has the blue stone)

Attachments

• image-4052426350.jpg
    image-4052426350.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 69
  • image-3316508480.jpg
    image-3316508480.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom