New 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquali

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got my graduation present yesterday a new 29g aquarium the dimensions are 30" L x 13" W and 19" H, Aqueon Aquarium Power Filter 25-30 gallon, Florescent lighting (UV Spectrum)

When going to the store yesterday I ended up getting a plant so I'm starting a planted aquarium along with fish, now all I need to know is how to stock it after I finish cycling it the only thing for certain is there has to be a school of danios because that's what is currently in my smaller tank and they are moving up to the bigger one. But after that I'm at a loss of what to do, I'm thinking tetras, swordtails, guppies or something along those lines in the middle and I'm not really sure what to put on the bottom. So I would really like suggestions of what does well in a planted tank since I've never done one before.

Well, I'm setting up a 29 as well, and here's my stocking:
6 black skirt tetras (those could be your danios)
6 rummynose tetras
6 orange laser cories
2 Bolivian rams (pair)
1 male betta
1 starlight bristlenose pleco
Just to give you an idea.

You could do a bristle nose pleco, a nice gaggle of cory cats, or a pair of dwarf cichlids for the bottom. For the rest any of the fish you mentioned would work. I think a dozen rummy nose tetras or gold pristellas would look grand.

So do different species of cory cats school together for example if I do Panda Cories and Albino Cories would that work or no should I stick to one species this is what I've started to think
5 Zebra Danio
6 Rummynose Tetra (if I can find em)
5 Platies (going to try and get only 1 male dont know how to tell the difference so I'll have to do some research before going to buy them)
9 cory cats
shrimp?
Is this too much or just about right

Aquali said:
So do different species of cory cats school together for example if I do Panda Cories and Albino Cories would that work or no should I stick to one species this is what I've started to think
5 Zebra Danio
5 Platies (going to try and get only 1 male dont know how to tell the difference so I'll have to do some research before going to buy them)
9 cory cats
shrimp?

I've got 1 orange laser, 1 green, 1 Julie, 1 spotted and 1 albino in my 55g and they don't really school it's more like they play and chase each other. The only time I see them together or "school"( in a sense) is when the light is off

5 Zebra Danio
9 cory cats
shrimp?

I think that would work. Best to go with one or two species of cory, they do best with their own kind.

Back
Top Bottom