New 5.5g AGA(((UPDATE PICS!!)))

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish or Not?

• Yes, 1 very, very small fish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Way Too Cruel

• No Opinion

• Total voters

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just set up a new 5.5aga nano and was wondering what you all thought about 1 small fish in there. I know it is very small, so no flaming me. I havent done it yet just looking for thoughts.

The tank has plenty of established LR from my main and all the sand is from the fuge as well. Plenty of places for thefish to hide.

Well any suggestions? Small Goby ect.... or is this too small?

I will post pics later!! :wink:

What about a firefish? They dont get big do they? I think they are really cool looking fish. If they didnt try to jump all the time I would have one :)

I am thinking maybe one of those instead of the goby. Honestly though I dont want anyfish if it is going to be cruel....

What do you all think?

OK I am adding a Poll....

anything that can turn around in the tank is okay.

edit: I know I'm, going to get flamed for this, but I think a clownfish/anemone would be appropriate. think about it, once the fish host he's not going to go to far from it anyways.....

Not really cause a 15 inch naso could turn around... :lol:

i know what you mean though... :wink:

No flaming, but I have to disagree with that. Neither should be kept in anything that small. It would be nice though....sigh... :D

Hey rev ... 5.5gal huh? Was this for your parents and end up becoming yours????? :lol: :D

I would think that you could probably do a firefish or a small goby ... I love my little yellow clown goby, he's so small! He fit well in my 12gal. until I notced that there is ISOPODS in there 8O ... now he resides in the 29!

NO CLOWN or ANEMONES!

No this is one I decided for myself! :p My parents will go up in a couple of weekd right after vacation. These little 5.5 are so awesome! Cant wait to share pics with you all. Thanks.

That is pretty small but you may be able to keep a baby clown trigger an a small naso tang until they out grow it :p Waiting for pics

Now Lando .... are you recomending that rev keep a tang or trgger in a small tank???????? :? :?

I know rev has the tank to keep them after they outgrow that 5.5!!!! Just thought I'd raz ya a lilttle!!!

I had a yellow clown goby that did not make it and then a watchman goby in my 5 gal mini-bowl. I have since moved him to my 75 gal though. I have a sexy shrimp in there now :)

I would do a small fish it does not get the attention in used to so I just stick with hardy corals for now.

Now Lando .... are you recomending that rev keep a tang or trgger in a small tank????????
Yes, I am. And maybe even a small nurse shark, as long as it is really little. :wink:

Ok I went to the lfs and did a boo boo. I bought a Bicolor Pseudochromis for the nano, which I thought was a min. 10g tank, but liveaquaria says 30g because the fish gets to be 3 inches. The one I got is about 1" to 1.5"....

I am considering leaving it in the nano for a while and then move it into the 125g but liveaquaria says that they will eat ornimental shrimp. What do you all think?

I did research, but I forgot a little when I seen his cute little face........The thing about my mistake is that I can remove him and put him into a bigger tank that I have.

Let's see some PICS rev ....

PICS, PICS, PICS, PICS!!!!!!!!

Did you read my thread on the 12gal DX Ballast??? Almost near disaster this weekend!!!!!

I've considered getting a nano tank for my office. Due to the small size I was going to only fill it with a couple active shrimp or crabs. Have you considered that? I also think it would make a decent Mantis tank.

The bicolor would be ok for a little bit.. maybe 6-8mo? A firefish, or purple dartfish would be your best bets as they tend to just hover there above the rock.... any of the smaller gobies... most everything else gets way too big, but what a great way to acclimate a growing fish other than to toss it into a bigger tank when it gets "big enough"! :?

Ok Pics:::

Tank shown with my daughter to get the idea of the size..

img_471448_0_11aa5d380ffb7895d12b7f3051ed5cf9.jpg

img_471448_1_b018552a31c806cdb7d23aee1ad57c43.jpg

Background added...

img_471448_2_dae5ac447c39bbb2c57dd5e57d57f315.jpg

img_471448_3_d0286b85b8b7c0b9d5bcc5b04dfcc255.jpg

Back
Top Bottom