New apisto rescape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update, do apistos like jungles? Ohh well..i doo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1405420552043.jpg
    1405420552043.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 101
Add some anarchis dave! Grows like a weed and t he owes some nice green in a stained water tank

I had some and the Cory's ate it all over a month there was nothing but stem hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hahah hungry hungry hippos huh? I'm surprised they ate it up like that..

The almond leafs are the only thing the ain't had a go at which as suprised me

The almond leafs are the only thing the ain't had a go at which as suprised me

They probably taste like crap haha.. I'm actually moving away from the almond leaves. . Call me selfish but the panduros look way better in normal conditions..

They probably taste like crap haha.. I'm actually moving away from the almond leaves. . Call me selfish but the panduros look way better in normal conditions..

That's because not as much light from the blue end of the spectrum passes through it, but it really shows off the reds, oranges and yellows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's because not as much light from the blue end of the spectrum passes through it, but it really shows off the reds, oranges and yellows.

True.. but my boy is blue and blue is my favorite color.. I'm still keeping some almond in there just not enough to dark stain the water..

I have ten almond leafs in my tank at the minute and it has barely coloured the water at all since I have painted the back of the tank the colours in the apistos and even rummynose seem to really pop

Yeah there aren't near the amount of tannins in leaves as there is in wood and peat. The best color I've ever gotten from leaves was just slightly yellow.

I threw one big one in there and it got really dark for a few days. Than again it's a pretty small amount of water..

How they looking gillie??

Attachments

• 1405615028998.jpg
    1405615028998.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 63
I was thinking about peat balls but thought it would be messy, they look cool brookster wish I did more research on apistos cos there is so many I would have even though I still really like my cacs I really really like wild panduros :)

I also heard that decaffeinated tea bags are good as well not sure if the fish would like it thought maybe milk and 2 sugars would do it for them :)

I also heard that decaffeinated tea bags are good as well not sure if the fish would like it thought maybe milk and 2 sugars would do it for them :)

I wouldn't risk the tea, even decaf has traces of caffeine that I highly doubt would effect the fish in a positive way. I ran across a study a while ago showing the effects of different drugs on spiders and caffeine did crazy things to them, then again it is used as a pesticide.

I wouldn't risk the tea, even decaf has traces of caffeine that I highly doubt would effect the fish in a positive way. I ran across a study a while ago showing the effects of different drugs on spiders and caffeine did crazy things to them, then again it is used as a pesticide.

Panduro's on caffeine? !?! No way haha, they'd blow the glass out..

Back
Top Bottom