New apisto rescape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have. Gillie.. otherwise I'd still be telling my gf that he just wants to make babies with her.. that's why he's beating the crap out of her, when I told her I'd been wrong and it was in fact the female beating the crap out if Lil man.. she laughed her uninterested but off.. hey whatever it takes right?? A bit of comic relief in my apisto tank always helps..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My female GBRs are like that. They boss the males around like you wouldn't believe. One male will actually bring back food for his woman. I swear she has him tail-whipped.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of panduros, or maybe a pair of Tefe Oranges.

My rams are brutal too... I haven't seen one of the males in a week.. I'm starting to wonder... haha.. he brings her back brine shrimp and she slaps it out of his fins and blubs...i said BLUUUUBBWORMSSS!! You have a pair of double reds on order! I just have to sex them:cool:

Now you did it. I ordered me a pair of juvie panduros.

Haha ooops, sorry, actually no I'm not.. you'll love them, such animated little critters..still have room for cacs?

Oh yeah, I still have room for them too. The panduros are going in my 20 long that I had set up for multiple peacock gudgeons. Since they're hard to get out here, I'm moving them to a 10 and getting the panduros. yeah yeah, they're hard to get too. Shhhhh

Haha, if you need a male I have one of those too;) mine paired off.. they are still nice to Lil man too.. wish I could say the same for the rams.. I just introduced a cute little female and the guys were just lip locking a.minute ago.. that's no more than our equivalent of arm wresting right??

Ha, yeah. They're just showing off to the female. Even though all my rams are paired off, the males still go through their "arm wrestling" to show off.

Do you think it would be wise to remove the odd man out? Is there any chance of semi peaceful coexistence?

Here you go dragon.. just another glimpse at your future stock.. lady won this round..

Attachments

• 1402008995145.jpg
    1402008995145.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 1402009003596.jpg
    1402009003596.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 85
Brookster do you have any experience with floating plants I'm getting some amazon frogbit soon and I was wondering do you think the apistos will like it as I'm going to have almond leafs and bogwood on the bottom and the roots from the frogbit sort of keeping the middle of the tank busy

That would look awesome.. I've had some before, you need to keep the water level down a bit... i ended up grabbing that 30 breeder yesterday.. just as well because my 29 is about to let go, I think I'm going to tackle it tomorrow afternoon. . The tank is 30x18x12.. huge footprint, fish are going to love all the extra space..

When you say down would you say at about a quarter or a little bit more? Do you not get the eye roll and a awww man not another tank look? Hahaha , I'm wanting a bigger tank I could get a long 50" tank in where mine is now but if I get mine sorted and it looks sort of like the one on the picture I will be more than happy with what I have.....for now :)

No just a few inches from the top is all.. so the lights don't torch it.. that's what happened to mine. I wouldn't even consider bringing it home if it wasn't to replace a failing tank..

When you say down would you say at about a quarter or a little bit more? Do you not get the eye roll and a awww man not another tank look? Hahaha , I'm wanting a bigger tank I could get a long 50" tank in where mine is now but if I get mine sorted and it looks sort of like the one on the picture I will be more than happy with what I have.....for now :)

I used to get the " 1 more tank and you're gonna be single" look. I had my basement full of apistos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom