New Dalmation Molly With Brownish Spots?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlackMollyJenny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About 40 minutes ago I got a new Dalmatian Molly, all went well putting him in but about 20 minutes after his arrival he starts getting brown spots. My tank has been running for two months, it's all glass and everything is brand new. He's in there with a silver Molly, five guppies, a dojo loach, and two of those sucker catfish (I don't know what they're called) please help!!!

He is still alive and the brown spots haven't gotten any worse, he is swimming around like my other Molly but do mollies usually stay near the surface of the water?
I tried to post some pictures on this, he moved when ever my camaraderie came into focus so they're not that great but you can see the dots, they're near his head.
Any ideas of how I can fix this or why he has brown dots are welcome.

Attachments

• image-3071060548.jpg
    image-3071060548.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 92
  • image-4225504291.jpg
    image-4225504291.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 98
Don't worry - those spots just look like colour pigment - orange, like a gold molly.
The genetics of colour mutations is complicated. Due to selective breeding, it is likely that the gene for the golden colouration is inherent in many of the mollies - even black mollies.

I have seen many dalmation mollies with gold dots. You also get a gold spotted silver molly, copper dalmations, the list goes on :D

Back
Top Bottom