New eggs?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamG

Aquarium Advice Regular
I think these are eggs! What are they? Green in color

Attachments

• image-1198057487.jpg
    image-1198057487.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 120
I'm gonna say bubble algae also. Do you any crabs? Emerald crabs should take care of it. I had some in my tank and bought 2 emerald crabs and that did the trick. I ended up re homing them after the fact though. I caught one cutting a polyp.

Emerald crabs will eat bubble algae but why eat salad when you've got live fish sleeping at your hour of activity? Manual removal is your best way of getting rid of this abombination.

bettaowner said:
Emerald crabs will eat bubble algae but why eat salad when you've got live fish sleeping at your hour of activity? Manual removal is your best way of getting rid of this abombination.

Did u have an emerald eat your fish?

bettaowner said:
Yeah carbs are omnivores so that means plants and meat.

I only ask cuz I think my ruby crab ate my coris wrasse while it was asleep. When I first got the wrasse he would bury himself at night, then I guess he got comfortable cuz then he just started to lay on the sand to sleep at the back of the tank with his back facing out. Didn't think much about it at first, but after a about a week of that, I found him dead with a chunk missing out of his back!! I think the crab came across him while he was sleeping on the sand. :( Obviously, no more wrasses for me in that tank!!

Beengirl said:
I only ask cuz I think my ruby crab ate my coris wrasse while it was asleep. When I first got the wrasse he would bury himself at night, then I guess he got comfortable cuz then he just started to lay on the sand to sleep at the back of the tank with his back facing out. Didn't think much about it at first, but after a about a week of that, I found him dead with a chunk missing out of his back!! I think the crab came across him while he was sleeping on the sand. :( Obviously, no more wrasses for me in that tank!!

Thats pretty hard for me to believe.... People always think that their crabs or shrimp kill fish but usually that is not the case. If you were up in the middle of the night watching this happen then thats a differant story. I think the wrasse died and the crab did its job.

I didn't see it, but I've read that those particular crabs can be semi-aggressive and will eat fish if given the chance. The wrasse had been acting fine, eating and swimming all around all that day, saw him last about 2 AM sleeping on sand like he had been doing. No signs of illness at all. Then he was dead with a chunk out of his back. It was sad cuz he was a beautiful fish. I'm not blaming the crab, he's just following his instincts.

Back
Top Bottom