New Final Stocking Plan!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adammorrill

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, i dont know if anyone of you saw my loast stocking plan, but i changed it a little and want to know if i would be ok with it.

1 dwarf gourami
2 cherry barbs
1 bolivian ram
5 neon tetras
5 black neon tetras
5 cory cats
1 flying fox

i know the cherry barbs should be in a school but i had them in from the start of the tank and they are fine:) Oh ant BTW the tank is 36 gallons

adammorrill said:
Ok, i dont know if anyone of you saw my loast stocking plan, but i changed it a little and want to know if i would be ok with it.

1 dwarf gourami
2 cherry barbs
1 bolivian ram
5 neon tetras
5 black neon tetras
5 cory cats
1 flying fox

i know the cherry barbs should be in a school but i had them in from the start of the tank and they are fine:) Oh ant BTW the tank is 36 gallons

Seems good..other ten the barbs. Id up the tetra schools to 7 and not keep the barbs. I get it if you have to though

Well because they are neons and black neons the 10 total is fine as they should school together.

A flying fox gets much too big for a 36 gallon tank, and wouldn't really be a good mix with the gourami and ram anyhow, as they are notorious chasers and fin nippers.

Neons and black neons are different species and won't school together most of the time.

I'd get 10 tetras of the same species or 5 neons and 5 albino blue eye neon tetras, they school together but in my opinion they don't look good doing so.

Neons and black neons aren't related, I don't think they will school. I would choose either the black neons, or regular neons, and get 7-8 of them and the barbs. Also, I'd cut the flying fox and get another cory, but that's just me.

well before i saw the replies to this thred i got a flying fox and 5 neons. Will the flying fox be ok? I already have the gourami in the tank and the flying fox doesnt seem to be bothering anyone he just sits on a log.

Oh, I didn't even realize they weren't related because mine always schooled together. If they don't school together, I would definitely add atleast one more of each.

Flying foxes don't get aggressive until they mature.

Your tank simply isn't long enough for a flying fox. I would return it.

siva said:
Well because they are neons and black neons the 10 total is fine as they should school together.

A flying fox gets much too big for a 36 gallon tank, and wouldn't really be a good mix with the gourami and ram anyhow, as they are notorious chasers and fin nippers.

Neons and black neons wont school together because they're two totally different species. They aren't the same genus.

Back
Top Bottom