New Guinea/Sulawesi Biotope Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adam_aloi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

I plan on setting up some NG fish species in a 30 gallon Fluval Accent that I recently picked up. I was wondering what fish species you recommended, as I was unsure if these species would get along well.

- Blue Eyed Forktail Rainbowfish
- Threadfin Rainbowfish
- Celebes Halfbeak
- Peacock Gudgeon

Please let me know if any of these fish are incompatible, and if anyone has suggestions on fish from this area that I didn't include, please add!
Thanks!

My peacock gudgeons get along fine with my threadfins, but they are not nearly as quick as the rainbows so you have to make sure they get food. How do you like the Accent? I really want one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some people told me that half beaks do best alone in a species tank but in my experience, they don't cause trouble and nobody really picks on them directly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My peacock gudgeons get along fine with my threadfins, but they are not nearly as quick as the rainbows so you have to make sure they get food. How do you like the Accent? I really want one!

I haven't set it up yet, but a Petco in my area had the $300 tank on sale for $20 so I couldn't resist lol

Some people told me that half beaks do best alone in a species tank but in my experience, they don't cause trouble and nobody really picks on them directly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I've heard both of those opinions as well, thanks!

Also, is it okay to mix the two species of rainbow or is that a no-no? I've heard both arguments...
If I could only have one, does anyone have a suggestion of one over another?

I haven't set it up yet, but a Petco in my area had the $300 tank on sale for $20 so I couldn't resist lol

I think you meant $200? Either way its a great deal. They are $268 on Amazon. I have been debating getting one in Feb. Let me know how it goes please. I am very interested in first hand reviews. :)

I mix rainbows. They haven't interbred and if they do I won't sell or let them out into the trade.

I think you meant $200? Either way its a great deal. They are $268 on Amazon. I have been debating getting one in Feb. Let me know how it goes please. I am very interested in first hand reviews. :)

Nope, for some odd reason they had a perfectly in-tact Fluval Accent for $20.00 lol. No idea why it was so cheap, but I inspected it and nothing was wrong with it and I surely wasn't going to question the price lol
But yeah, I'll be sure to let you know how the tank is! :)

HOLY COW!! My Petco messes up prices and I call them on it and they won't honor the mess up. You, friend, got extremely lucky. talk about being at the right place at the right time!

Back
Top Bottom