new member 10g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john_snow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello everyone i stumbled across this site while searching the web. i just recieved a 10g tank:) no lights filter heater or anything:( ive never had an aquarium before so i am completely new to all of this. i want to setup a planted aquarium similar to this one. my questions are what types of filter,substrate and lighting should i use? do i need a co2 injection system? what types of fertilizer should i use?can i use any driftwood i find out on the lake or is there a specific type? thank you for taking the time to read my thread and hopefully i'll hear back from you soon :cool:

Attachments

• frontviewcopyyr1.jpg
    frontviewcopyyr1.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 49
also is it possible to add some type of moss to these 2 decorations? the first one is plastic and the second is some type of rock not sure what kind lol and how would i attach it?

Attachments

• P160312_13.33.jpg
    P160312_13.33.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 39
  • P160312_13.33_[01].jpg
    P160312_13.33_[01].jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 34
oh i also forgot to mention that the person i got the tank from saw a spider in the tank and freaked out and sprayed it with lysol so i need to give the tank and decorations a good cleaning first and foremost i was thinking of doing a baking soda and vinegar scrub with a toothbrush (brand new of course:brows:) followed by a bleach/water solution followed by another baking soda and vinegar scrub with a rinse after will this be ok/good enough to remove the lysol spray and any other baddies in there?

Back
Top Bottom