The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hayerob

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am a new member looking to gain more knowledge around saltwater tanks/setup. I recently purchased a home with a custom 410(what service individual indicated) gallon saltwater tank built into a dividing wall. It's roughly 7.5 x 3.5 x 13inch. I would like to get opinions around replacing the pump, uv sterilizer, and heater. I was informed by the service provider that all three items are not adequate. He would like to run a 3600gph nexus Italian pump an UV sterilizer. Unfortunately, I can't research any info/reviews on this product. The current pump makes a lot of noise and a whistling sound. The UV is disconnected and upper lighting is poor. The water temp at times is cool and then warm. A single grouper has inhabited the tank for over six months. The goal is to get high quality, energy efficient, quiet pump, heater, sterilizer, and whatever else is recommended so I can add more fish. I would appreciate any opinions to help me get this tank operating efficiently so my little boys can enjoy it. Its difficult for me to simply take an opinion from a single aquarium maintenance company without seeking more advice being that this is my first fish tank I have ever owned/operated.

Back
Top Bottom