New Neons :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stingrays4 said:
Hi looking good:) i would be cautious of getting a beta in there, i haven't kept one but heard they can be quite trying in a community set up? Due to being aggressive or tank mates being to quick for them to the food etc? Don't mention snails:hide: my tank over run with the dam things:facepalm:

Well the male Betta is a great community fish if you get the right one, I tend to by the ones that don't flare or display at the other bettas (store has em in divided tank).

I have kept one with 2 Oto cats before without incident so hopefully I can find a nice chilled Betta lol :)

And yea that's my fear with snails, don't wanna have to deal with an outbreak :/

I have four as well from pets at home!! You from London? Mine schooled at first, now are mostly separate but school when they want to xx

phoebekatee said:
I have four as well from pets at home!! You from London? Mine schooled at first, now are mostly separate but school when they want to xx

Weird o_O

And nope I'm in Scarborough north Yorkshire lol, they seem to stick with the neons now.

Feeding time they certainly take lead till the neons realize what's goin on lol :D

Hi good luck if you get a betta:fish2: me never kept one so only going on what I've heard:oops: fish will shoal school if kept in big enough groups,usually at least six preferably ten:fish2:

Mine don't eat too much, as I have 18 fish, 4 being some feisty barbs and 2 greedy gouramis! Feel pretty lonely here on AA being one of the only peeps from Britain!

I'm from uk too! There are alot of us here I promise! We're just hiding. Lol

Your mystery snails may reproduce, if you end up with a male and a female, but they will lay their eggs above the water line, so you can remove the egg sack if you don't want babies. Mystery snails won't really eat algae, but they will eat plant detritus and uneaten food. They'll need more than that to eat though, especially at full size which is about the size of a golf ball, so supplement with something like shrimp pellets.

Nerite snails on the other hand, like the zebra, eat nothing but algae, and IME are next to impossible to supplement, so it's important to add those to a well established tank.

So how did it go with your landlord?

Haha ya they are eating algea though... So maybe they arnt mystery snails? They seem blue ish... Any idea what type? And yea i would take the agg sack and put it in a differant tank

It could they are just selective about the types. I haven't really done any research on it, just noticed when I've kept them in tanks w/ algae that they haven't touched it. Mystery snails do come in blue..it's probably them.

The egg sack has to be in a very moist spot. For more info check out applesnail.net.

K thanks!!
These are the 10 glowlights.. Haha i dont no if they are all in the picture, its a bad one

Yea it seems a lot of UK based peeps linger here lol.

The landlord situation was strange, he just looked at the tank for like 20 seconds then walked away lol.

--------

Awesome pic, when I get the chance I wanna try and get some great action shots of my little posse lol.

Got some long awaited pics of one of the LFS near me, this is a dry store so no shots of fish just yet!

Attachments

• image-2369701698.jpg
    image-2369701698.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 55
  • image-3830098223.jpg
    image-3830098223.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 50
  • image-1362943740.jpg
    image-1362943740.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image-4282168892.jpg
    image-4282168892.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 54
  • image-3964818764.jpg
    image-3964818764.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 49
  • image-2593000654.jpg
    image-2593000654.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 50
Hi like the shots of the glowlights Nu Nu the eel:fish2: Bet you got some funny looks taking photo's of your local fish shop Scouser:lol: where do you get your fish if its only dry stock at the moment?

stingrays4 said:
Hi like the shots of the glowlights Nu Nu the eel:fish2: Bet you got some funny looks taking photo's of your local fish shop Scouser:lol: where do you get your fish if its only dry stock at the moment?

Well I have a discount pet supplies store (pictures) 2 local pet ships with a nice fish section, a pets at home (5 min drive) with a great fish section and within an hours drive I can access about 200+ fish stores lol :)

And I took em on my iPhone so it was incognito, shhhhhh ;)

:lol: I've also done that when i was researching a fish so i took a photo of it plus its name:lol: Great idea though:cool:. That's allot of shops:fish2: Which is your favourite? Me now trying to figure out how many within an hour of me? Quite a few,about a dozen? I tend not to go into London:oops:

stingrays4 said:
:lol: I've also done that when i was researching a fish so i took a photo of it plus its name:lol: Great idea though:cool:. That's allot of shops:fish2: Which is your favourite? Me now trying to figure out how many within an hour of me? Quite a few,about a dozen? I tend not to go into London:oops:

Erm depends on the purchase, but I frequent the one pictured and pets at home the most :)

Well I have a discount pet supplies store (pictures) 2 local pet ships with a nice fish section, a pets at home (5 min drive) with a great fish section and within an hours drive I can access about 200+ fish stores lol :)

And I took em on my iPhone so it was incognito, shhhhhh ;)
You are SO lucky. I have 1 chain store and 1 mom and pop. That's it. :(

:lol: Yes know that feeling only to well! Being skint:oops: Actually haven't been in me local shop now for six weeks,due to work:nono: hopefully this sunday:dance: Got some room for a few more fishes:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom