New Neons :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this will be the 421 reply to this thread:eek::D:dance: ooops forgot to say look forward to seeing the photo's after the big clean up:) have fun:)i am a sad so an so as i love rescaping my tanks :D

Here's a very rough diagram, man I wish I could draw like I could in high school!

I've decided on a mopani bridge head aloft by 2 terracotta pots, I'll attach Anubias to the mopani to create the look of a dead log sprouting new life.

The vallis? (can't remember the name already! Lol) will line the back and the back left corner to create "the forest" where the mopani log fell from.

The caves will add a few more hiding spots and hopefully the remaining greens will help fill in any blank spots.

Of course all this will have to wait, start my gym membership 2moro. Man christmas is never good to my waistline haha :D

Stay tuned!

Attachments

• image-1515407869.jpg
    image-1515407869.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 59
Ok so ye new layout is finished and the fish seem to like it.

HOWEVER... I can't seem to find one of my neons.

I know I haven't removed it during the water changes, I've checked under the large decor pieces to make sure I haven't squished it.

I'll wait a few days and see if it turns up, if not I'll count it MIA :(

Heres a few pics of the new layout, and a pic of the bridge with the nice gap underneath.

Attachments

• image-474951926.jpg
    image-474951926.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image-3078083167.jpg
    image-3078083167.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 59
  • image-887460990.jpg
    image-887460990.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 53
Well I finally decided to set up a YouTube account to upload some vids of my fish.

I will be doing commentaries once I get my iPhone 4S in like 3 weeks.

Here's a link to my first vid: comment rate and what ever else you wanna do lol!

So I've been to the LFS and they have agreed to quarantine 4 glowies for me so I can buy them in 3 weeks :D

Will be great to put an acclimation vid on YouTube, by then I'll have a new phone with high def video capture so that'll be great :D

Here's a short vid of my stock feeding for now:

Please watch, if you've wondered what my tank looks like have a gander at the other vid :)

Hi Looking really good Scouser(y) nothing like the drawing though:whistle::lol:{Only kidding:)} Any joy on finding the missing neon? Looks really good well done you have obviously got talent(y) How did the gym trip go? I know what you mean about Xmas, i always seem to get a tooth ache:( but of to the dentist tomorrow:hide::lol:

stingrays4 said:
OOps forgot to say great vids!

Thanks lol.

The neon is MIA sadly :(

The vallis you gave me have died quite a bit so I've trimmed them down hoping they will sprout new leaves soon.

If not a marble sheet will be placed at the back to fill the space the plants currently occupy.

Seems all is going wrong ATM!! :'(

Hi oh dear sorry to hear about the neon:(. The vallis will be ok once ot gets established:) As for the nitrates,does your tap water contain nitrates? Did you test for anything else other than the nitrates? If you done the major clean up it just maybe doing a mini cycle and will settle down? The water changes will help as will cutting down on the feeding.

Yea my tap has around 10-20ppm of trAtes and maybe 0.25 ammo (always struggle with the colour)

I will start doing more smaller water changes as to control the nitrates from the tap.

Hopefully the vallis will recover, if not my LFS has wisteria and hornwort which will work in lower lights (friend has em in same tank lol)

Getting ready to head home for my sisters 18th so the tank will have a few days of no pestering :)

Ok so after their time in QT at the pet store I picked up 3 glowie tetra.

These ones are huge compared to my current glowies, all I can think us that these are female? Or they are older lol.

Anyways I'll upload pics soon, and I'll put a simply spliced vid on my YouTube channel if anyone wants to see the process I use to intro new fish :)

stingrays4 said:
Hi they look really happy and i use a very similar method when i add my fish aswell:fish2: How are they doing? All settled in?

Since they joined the tank my glowies have finally took control of the tank from the neons lol.

I'll be sure to get a vid up for my channel showing them :)

Thought I would record the arrival of my new friends here for you guys :)

Firstly I only paid for 3 but the friendly lady gave me 4 so it was more of a school :)

Neons are my favorite fish. These look great. Good luck with your new pals!

Back
Top Bottom