New planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IHaveAquariums

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm new to planted tanks, and I want to plant a 15 gallon. I want to make it very dense and lush with some driftwood in it. I'm also on a budget here so it can't be too expensive. Ive picked out a light, substrate I think (Carib eco complete with a layer of sand on top), but I need to find a good filter. I've read that canister are the best way to go for planted but I'm looking for opinions and ideas! I've been looking at the eheim 2211 but still browsing, also I've been looking at the AE Shop trickle filter which seems really good. Thanks!

So I'm new to planted tanks, and I want to plant a 15 gallon. I want to make it very dense and lush with some driftwood in it. I'm also on a budget here so it can't be too expensive. Ive picked out a light, substrate I think (Carib eco complete with a layer of sand on top), but I need to find a good filter. I've read that canister are the best way to go for planted but I'm looking for opinions and ideas! I've been looking at the eheim 2211 but still browsing, also I've been looking at the AE Shop trickle filter which seems really good. Thanks!

Save yourself $100 and get a sunsun canister filter [emoji106] the pipes are a little tacie compared to the eheim but I've had no issues with mine.

What light are your running?

Are you looking into preasurised co2 or going low tech?

I have a Sunsun as well on my 20Long for 14 months now. No issues so far. I did put it back together wrong once and damaged the o ring. So order a spare.

Save yourself $100 and get a sunsun canister filter [emoji106] the pipes are a little tacie compared to the eheim but I've had no issues with mine.

What light are your running?

Are you looking into preasurised co2 or going low tech?
Right now I think the NICREW 24-30 inch led bar that goes over the top, but reading around on here and others have been using Current with good results, so now I'm not sure. And I'm going low tech for now

Right now I think the NICREW 24-30 inch led bar that goes over the top, but reading around on here and others have been using Current with good results, so now I'm not sure. And I'm going low tech for now

I'd go with a finnex planted plus or a chihiros RBG. Both will give off more than enough light (may need to run on a lower setting) and gives you the option of going high tech if you decide to make the jump one day. Both these lights have the ideal colour spectrum for plants. The cheaper ones tend to just be mainly white and blue LEDs and that makes the plant colours look washed out.

Alright cool thanks! Now right now all I have is the tank and a heater (tetra submersible) so I can hide it easier, in your opinion, what order should I get things in? I still need substrate, light, glass canopy, and filter. Any good order for this? On a limited budget until mid/late September

Alright cool thanks! Now right now all I have is the tank and a heater (tetra submersible) so I can hide it easier, in your opinion, what order should I get things in? I still need substrate, light, glass canopy, and filter. Any good order for this? On a limited budget until mid/late September

Filter, canopy then light. [emoji106]

Awesome ty, since I haven't used any lights like this before, these lights will fit around a canopy right? Because it looks like they take up the trim space and I've been wondering

Awesome ty, since I haven't used any lights like this before, these lights will fit around a canopy right? Because it looks like they take up the trim space and I've been wondering

With a little bit of modification the the hinge system yea, Fresh2o can help you with that [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom